PANTONE® recently announced 18-3224 Radiant Orchid, an absolutely captivating and magical shade of purple, is the color of the year for 2014. This shade of purple has rosy undertones that radiate on the skin and produce a healthy glow. Such a great color for spring fashions and nail color too. It was quite prominent during the spring 2014 fashion shows and it is already making its way onto the red carpet and in stores everywhere.
Being that it is such a bright color, I wondered how it would tolerate being washed since a lot of color dyes fade with frequent washing if not handled properly. So I asked the experts at Clorox to share some tips and tricks with us on how to keep colors looking BRIGHT all year round.
With some help from Clorox 2® Stain Fighter & Color Booster Packs and the Clorox 2® Pre-Treat Stain Remover Pen, you can avoid dull-looking clothing that can result from stains and washing, ensuring your clothing stays “radiant” throughout the year. Simply follow the directions on the label to penetrate, dissolve and eliminate tough stains while also helping keep your colors bright.
Laundry Tips & Tricks
Pre-treat stains using the Clorox2® Pre-treat Stain Remover Pen.
- For tough stains, like wine coffee and grass, be sure to pre-treat. First, remove the garment: do not treat clothing while wearing it.
- Remove all loose dirt from the fabric and blot wet stains with a clean absorbent cloth.
- Squeeze the pen and apply liberally onto stain. Rub it in with the pen tip to cover the stain completely and replace cap when done.
- Wait 10 minutes, and then wash immediately with an all- or mostly all-colors load.
I carry a Clorox 2 Stain Remover Pen with me in my purse now for emergencies! It costs around $3 and can be purchased in most stores.
Give your laundry detergent a boost with Clorox 2® Stain Fighter & Color Booster Pack
- Help your colors avoid looking dull from stains and from washing by adding one pack per load directly to your washer. For large or extra dirty loads use two packs.
- Add your favorite detergent and launder as usual!
- Make sure the stain is gone before machine drying, as drying could cause the stain to further set.
The Clorox 2 Stain Fighter and Color Booster Packs are great to add to your colored laundry load to help keep colors bright. I’ve noticed a huge difference in my kids clothing using these and they don’t seem to irritate their sensitive skin either, which is great.
Did you know?
- The bleach active in Clorox2® Stain Fighter and Color Booster is hydrogen peroxide (H2O2).
- As a general rule, if you can machine wash a colored item with detergent, then you can also wash it with detergent and Clorox2®.
- Clorox2® Stain Fighter and Color Booster can be used in both standard and HE washing machines.
- Whether you’re at home or on the go, the Clorox® myStain™ app can give you tips and tricks to remove tough stains. https://www.clorox.com/mystainapp/#sthash.lW7P3nTw.dpuf
I personally use Kenmore Elite HE Top-Load Washer and Propane Dryer for all my laundry. I’ve had the set since February 2011 and I love them. So many bells and whistles that I haven’t even used all the features yet. These machines can do just about anything and best of all, they have kept my clothes clean and looking like new for years now.
My personal tip for keeping clothes looking bright is to avoid using the dryer on a high heat setting. This can wear out clothes quick quickly on top of making them wrinkled and misshapen! Always try to hang clothes outside or on a rack whenever possible.
What tips and tricks would you like to share with everyone?
* We received the J.Crew Perfect-fit mixed-tape cardigan (item 29176) pictured above and Clorox products in exchange for sharing these laundry tips with our readers. This is not a sponsored post.