Did you know that the majority of women are wearing the wrong size and style bra?! Don’t be that woman! Stop wasting your money buying bras that squeeze, irritate, fall down, shift and fail to give you the proper support and shape.
With just a few quick tips from the bra fitter and lingerie expert Kimmay Caldwell, you can find out whether you’ve ben wearing the wrong size all along and be on your way to finding the perfect bra.
Kimmay Caldwell’s Bra Fit Tips
- Make time to try on each bra before purchase. We know this is painful, but like breasts, one size can vary from the other.
- Re-Fit once a year. Whether you measure yourself or get a professional fitting, it’s important to stay in touch with your bust.
- Support from the bottom up. The majority of support comes from the band (not the straps!), so if it is not fitted properly, you may experience sagging or digging in. You should be able to slip two fingers underneath the back of the band if it fits properly.
- It’s normal for your bra to stretch out. Since bras are typically made of elastic, they will stretch over time. It’s best to start with the outermost rung on your new bra and as it wears, move to the middle, then the tightest.
- Don’t settle, don’t sacrifice. Love the contour of one style, but can’t stand the pinch of the band? Warner’s and Olga offer solutions to SO many bra-blems. You can find styles that are comfortable, eliminate sleevage and look great under clothes.
If any of these tips seem too complicated, just head into your local Macy’s for a complimentary fitting with one of their on-site experts!
My favorite bra right now is Warner’s Play it Cool bra (available in underwire and wire-free!) It features moisture-wicking cups to help absorb moisture and keep you cool all day long! This is the perfect bra for summer and even wearing to the gym. You won’t have to worry about boob sweat trickling down your cleavage and leaking through your shirt.
Shop My Favorite Warner’s Bras