Nothing could match the thrilling experience of starting your married life with a safari honeymoon! After all, it would indeed be a once-in-a-lifetime experience to plan a trip to a wildlife destination and plan your vacation wardrobe accordingly. After all, nothing should stop you from looking at absolute safari chic.
Safari honeymoons offer a special blend of romance amidst wildlife and a vacation filled with adventure and exploration. Couples can pick from iconic destinations from the jungles of Asia to the plains of Africa to plan their honeymoon and style their vacation based on the chosen destination.
Given below are some great ideas on how to style your safari honeymoons and look ahead for an extraordinary and unforgettable experience.
Romancing in African Serengeti
Every couple who loves wildlife would love to explore the African Serengeti for that ultimate safari romance. Who can resist the vast rolling plains with abundant wildlife and the legendary Great Migration? You will love the magical combination of breathtaking landscapes and enjoy some superb wildlife viewing, including the drama of the Great Migration. Stay in some of the most luxurious camps or a secluded lodge with special amenities in the remote areas for that perfect honeymoon and complete privacy.
- Clothes to wear: Pack some comfortable shirts, pants, and shoes in cool colors and lightweight, breathable fabrics. You can bring some long-sleeved shirts, a safari-style vest with plenty of pockets, and trouser khakis to look stylish at all times.
- Special activities to enjoy: include Balloon safaris, game drives at dawn and dusk, and watching the sunset over the plains. A private bush dinner under the stars allows a great opportunity for stargazing and bonding.
Ranthambore National Park for some great romance
India’s Ranthambore National Park is just perfect for romancing couples looking for some exotic adventure and an exotic safari honeymoon. Well famous for its Bengal tigers and historical monuments and forts. You can stay in the heritage hotel and private villas with plunge pools and look forward to a relaxing time together at the end of the day exploring one of the largest national parks in northern India, which is teeming with wildlife.
- Clothes to wear: Ranthambore can be very hot during summers and cold during winters, so one must pack accordingly. Wear plenty of layers during morning drives to stay warm, and it is advisable to carry a muffler and a pair of gloves. You can style your outfits with chic accessories or anything versatile to help you look chic and comfortable at all times.
- Special activities to enjoy– Enjoy wildlife tiger safaris in open-top vehicles and you will love observing these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat. Explore the magnificent 1,000-year-old Ranthambore Fort to learn a bit about the rich history and culture of the country. Arrange a private dinner for just the two of you amidst the enchanting sounds of the jungle.
Intimate Adventure in Botswana
Plan an exciting wildlife adventure in Botswana and try to cover all the different locations, such as the Chobe River Front, Linyanti Concessions, Nxai Pan Park, and Okavango Delta. You will find yourselves in some of the most impressive national parks and reserves in Africa. The park boasts the largest surviving numbers of African Wild dogs apart from the buffalo, elephants, and giraffes. You can enjoy some breathtaking sunrises and stay in the most luxurious lodges and camps where you can take outdoor showers in complete privacy.
- Clothes to wear: Pack cool and comfortable clothes in linen and cotton, bring a versatile travel jacket, and stick to neutral colors such as khaki, green, and brown. Avoid camouflage or military clothing, as it is illegal in Botswana. Wear long pants and long-sleeved tops to stay protected from the harsh sun and some warm clothes for the evenings.
- Special activities to enjoy– Visit the Abu Camp to watch the elephants and throw food pellets that they can enjoy while you enjoy a bubbly tea in the lush green wild. If you are lucky, you may spot all the major predators, such as leopards, dogs, cheetahs, hyenas, buffalo, giraffes, antelopes, and wildebeest. Plan a once-in-a-lifetime night in an incredibly private setup with a big plush bed covered in mosquito netting and surrounded by glowing lanterns.
Yala National Park for a private jungle retreat
Sri Lanka’s Yala National Park may be lesser known relatively, but in recent times, the park has become one of the most up-and-coming destinations among tourists. It is ideal for couples looking for the right combination of jungle safari with cultural experiences. A honeymoon here not only guarantees an epic journey for the couples but also gives them the opportunity to experience adventure, wildlife, and culture in one location. You can stay in some of the most luxurious island resorts and lodges that provide you with world-class amenities.
- Clothes to wear: Wear cool and comfortable clothes and remember to pack loads of sunscreen. You can wear shorts, sundresses, and tank tops and pack a light jacket for the evenings and early mornings. A pashmina or sarong is a versatile item to create that effortless style.
- Special activities to enjoy– You can choose a luxurious tented camp nestled in the and even treehouses for a private and adventurous stay. Discover ancient temples, palm-lined beaches, and colonial-era buildings, along with spotting wildlife such as leopards, elephants, and a variety of bird species. Visit Tissamaharama, a historic town, and explore the ancient rock fortress. Arrange for a private dinner just for the two of you on the banks of a secluded lake surrounded by jungle.
Some extra tips:
- Maximize your and your partner’s wardrobe by mixing and matching and exchanging some outfits, too! You can create different and unique styles with just a few staple pieces.
- Ensure that whatever you wear looks classy and stylish and is especially comfortable and functional on your safaris.
- One can certainly achieve a cute safari style with comfortable layers to keep you warm, especially for those early morning and late-game drives.
- If your safari lodge or camp has a swimming pool or there is a waterfall, river, or lake nearby, you can pack a stylish swimsuit.
- Some basic essentials include a wide-brim hat to stay protected from the harsh sun, a light scarf to keep the dust away, and sunglasses to keep your eyes shielded. Also, you should pack plenty of socks and underwear for frequent changes to stay fresh.
Just follow the above ideas and some practical choices to get ready for both adventure and romance in the wild and come back with some of the most cherished memories together. Nothing could be a better start than planning a wildlife vacation for your honeymoon.