Long sleeved tops have been a staple wardrobe item since fashion has been in well, fashion. There are many different ways to style a long sleeve top, but we’ve got some ideas that will have you look at your long sleeve tops in a whole new light!
Lots of Layers
Layering long sleeved tops not only keeps you trend-savvy, it allows you to create different looks with the same long-sleeved shirt. Some pieces to layer your long sleeved shirts with are:
- Belts: Using a belt to cinch the waist of a long sleeve shirt creates visual interest.
- Vests: A vest can break up the solid lines of a long sleeve shirt.
- Scarves: Scarves add some interest to the outfit, especially if you’re wearing a solid colored shirt.
- Jackets: Jackets over long sleeved shirts are a great way to keep you warm in the cooler months.
- Button up Shirt: Layer a three-quarter sleeve shirt over the top of a plaid button up shirt for a chic look.
- Dresses: Layer your favorite short-sleeved or strapless dress over the top of a long sleeve shirt.
- Loose fitting tank tops: Layer your flowy tank tops over a long sleeve shirt for a light and airy look.
- Jewelry: As with any other outfit, jewelry can help to make an outfit look put together, including a long-sleeved shirt.
Wearing Long Sleeves Through All Seasons
Image Credit www.becomechic.com
Once the weather starts to turn from cool to warm people seem to toss their long-sleeved shirts to the wayside. But, while the spring and summer months are typically the time to bare some skin with tank tops and skin-baring t-shirts, some people may want to cover up for their own personal reasons. Long sleeves can be “in” no matter the season, so long as you’re wearing them appropriately.
Find 100% cotton or other breathable long sleeve tops that won’t be quite so hot during the warmer months.
Thinner fabrics are your friend in the spring and summer months. This also allows you to maintain a layered look without over-heating.
Did you know wearing long-sleeved shirts can help to prevent sunburns and those annoying bug bites? If this isn’t a good reason to wear long sleeves in the summer, I don’t know what is.
Image Credit www.wheredidyouget.com
- Pair a solid long sleeved shirt with bold prints for added visual interest.
- Flip the script with a printed long sleeve shirt and a solid vest or jacket. Button-up long sleeved shirts work well for a more polished look.
- Choose contrasting colors for a modern and sleek look.
Make it Fit
Image Credit www.justthedesign.com
When wearing a long sleeved shirt you have to make sure that it is going to fit you properly, especially if it’s a button up. If you’re concerned about pulling at the chest, find a long sleeved shirt that is a size bigger than you’d usually wear and belt it at the waist. This will help to relieve any unsightly pulling.
Long Sleeve Dresses
Image credit www.lakshmintrance.com
Don’t be afraid of a good long sleeve dress. It’s commonplace for people to head for their closets for a decent long sleeve shirt, but many women seem to shy away from long sleeve dresses. Don’t! They should be a staple in any woman’s fashion arsenal and can be paired with just about any accessory to make them fit for any occasion.
Image Credit www.fashiongum.com
Wearing over-sized long sleeve sweaters that hang over your shoulders paired with a tank top underneath is a great way to add a different visual interest than wearing just the sweater alone. This can also be said for oversized long sleeve plaid shirts that can be worn as a fun and flirty “boyfriend” dress.
Image Credit www.fashiongum.com
Pairing a thin button up with a boho skirt is a great way to get that bohemian look that everyone is grasping at this season. Not only is it fun and fashion forward, it can also be fairly cooling even in the warmer months. Add a thick belt at your waist and grab your favorite handbag to polish off the look.