Engagement rings are no ordinary rings! It is that single ring, which you will exchange with the person with whom you would take vows to spend the rest of your life. So, shopping for it in haste is doing injustice to the very custom of ring exchange.
In this write up, we will find out how you can shop sensibly for engagement rings so that you earn appreciation and compliments for your choice. So, read on for more insight into this topic.
Choosing Engagement Rings
There are many factors that you will have to take into account before you can shell out the money you have kept aside for your engagement ring. These very factors have been dealt with in the following points.
- What are your options – Have diamond engagement rings always appealed to you? If not, would you like to opt for a ring with other precious or semi precious stones or stick to the traditional gold metal? Depending on your taste, you have to decide what you would prefer and most importantly, what your would-be spouse prefers.
- Pay heed to 4Cs – If it is a diamond ring you are planning to buy for the big day, pay heed to the 4Cs, namely, cut clarity, color, and carat.
- Decide upon the shape – Selecting the right shape for your finger and that of your would-be spouse is crucial. Do you like it round, heart shaped, or a simple band. If you have opted for a stone studded ring, then the shape will determine the shape of the stone too. And if it is diamond that you are planning to invest in, make sure that the cut is smooth and the shape will not spoil the look of the ring on your finger.
- Band rings – You will come across many couples that opt for band rings. As far as the metal of these rings are concerned, the options are plenty. Platinum band rings are in vogue these days aside from other options like gold and white gold. But most of the couples prefer platinum due to the fact that it is much more durable, does not cause any allergic reaction, and above all regarded as a perfect pure band to hold the two special persons together for life.
- Types of metals – When it comes to the type of metal you choose for the ring, aside from diamond engagement rings, you have a wide array of options. If you opt for gold, as mentioned above, aside from white and yellow, you could also opt for rose colored and green. The other type of metal that you can opt for aside from gold and platinum is palladium.
- Setting a budget for your engagement ring – Although, you wish you didn’t have to think about this factor, nevertheless, this very aspect will decide what you can finally afford. If you have set a budget for your engagement ring, try to adhere to it because being extravagant does not make sense. Remember, you have another grand day in store for you- your wedding day, which will demand more from you in terms of your budget and aesthetic sense and style.