There are many ways to increase your home’s value without conducting costly improvements, whether you want to sell soon or are just looking to protect your investment. If your property is well-maintained and in good shape structurally, you may only need to make cosmetic changes, such as giving it a new coat of paint and tidying up the landscaping.
You don’t need to spend a ton of money either! If you’re crafty, plenty of these improvements can be a great DIY project to complete with your family. Household renovations can be daunting, but doing it with a partner or husband can help ease the load and make your goals seem more achievable. As explained on The Truly Charming, an alpha male partner is known for his productivity, making things happen and getting them done. So make this a family event: grab those paint brushes and get started!
These renovations will not only boost your home’s desirability to buyers, but they will also likely raise the home’s value, which will result in a larger profit for you when you want to sell. While every house is unique, here are some inexpensive ideas to remodel in 2023 and increase your home’s value.
Update Your Kitchen
The kitchen is important because it’s known as the heart of the home. You’ll use this room more than most others, and it’s what new owners will be interested in. So, it makes sense that a kitchen remodel is the best home improvement you can do to get the most money back. Don’t worry, though; this might not mean a big, expensive, messy project.
Some easy ways to start remodeling your kitchen are to make small changes, like changing the handles on your cabinet doors or giving them a fresh coat of paint. If you paint it and make sure it’s in line with current color and design trends, it will look brand new. To top it all off, a stainless steel kitchen is modern and simple to maintain if that’s something you prefer. Change the covers on the plugs and add a backsplash to keep things simple and within budget.
Install Attic Insulation
Adding insulation to your attic will save you money and lower your monthly energy bills. This is definitely appealing to people who want to buy a house. While you’re replacing or adding the insulation, this is also the perfect time to check your roof from the safety of the inside. If you see a problem, call roofing installation companies to get a quote for fixing the issue (which will also add value).
You have a few choices when it comes to insulating materials, but whether you use batt, blown-in, foam board, or spray foam, it needs to have enough insulation value – also known as the R value – to keep cool air from getting in.
Repaint For Freshness
If you’re ready to put in the time and effort, painting your house can do wonders for the atmosphere of your home at very little cost. Ceilings can be a problem, however, so if you can afford it, do the walls yourself and hire specialists for the ceilings. As for preparing the walls, sugar soap or a natural alternative like washing soda may be all that’s needed to clean your skirting boards, doors, and window and door frames.
If you’re doing it yourself, focus on one room at a time. Pick a sunny, dry day, and push all the furniture to the center of the room so you can paint the first coat first thing in the morning. Since only a few hours pass in between coats of most paint, you can finish the room by the evening if you start painting in the morning.
Use These Top Tips to Keep Remodeling Stress Free
1. Store Excess Furniture – Before beginning renovations, it is advisable to store any excess furniture in a storage facility, so as to reduce the chance of it becoming damaged during the process.
2. Have a Plan – Preparing an actionable plan for your renovation project is key to keeping on schedule and not becoming overwhelmed. Create a timeline and budget so you know when it will be complete as well as its associated cost.
3. Request multiple estimates – Before selecting one contractor, get several bids from various companies so that you can compare costs and services more easily.
4. Insulate Your Home – Insulating walls, ceilings and attics can help regulate temperatures inside your home while saving money on energy bills.
5. Use quality materials – For long-term value enhancement of your home, invest in durable, long-lasting materials of superior quality that won’t need replacing anytime soon. Investing in such quality will also add lasting value.
So don’t be shy, start counting your pennies and planning your remodel in 2023!