Typically, being unemployed can be a frustrating experience for anyone. While you may be in the midst of finding a new job, you still need to pay your bills and support your daily needs. In other words, you still need to take your finances seriously even if you have no active job. Luckily, there are plenty of ways that would allow you to make money fast to live despite your unemployment. Check these out.
- Apply For Unemployment Benefits
In most cases, unemployment isn’t always a bad thing. With your government’s help, you have the option to file for unemployment benefits under your employment insurance coverage. These are designed to provide cash benefits to eligible workers who are unemployed without their fault. Also, these unemployment benefits are calculated based on a percentage of your earnings over the recent 52-week period. Thus, if you think it’ll take time before you can get a new job, try seeking financial assistance by applying for unemployment benefits. Just make sure to file it on time so you’ll not end up having no money when you need it the most.
However, in case you need some extra cash while waiting for your unemployment cash benefits, you can take out a payday loan to cover a financial emergency. This kind of loan depends on the employment insurance benefits as the primary source of income for borrowers like you. If you’re looking for a simple way to apply for EI loans, find a reliable online lender who can assist you.
- Work Online
In today’s modern world, earning money online is possible. With several job opportunities in the online world, it’s easy to find some side gigs that can bring in some money to your pocket. Moreover, working online doesn’t have to be full-time. While you’re searching for a more stable job, you can do the following to get some money to live during your unemployment days:
- Start Freelancing – Even if you’re unemployed, you can always work as an online freelancer to earn some money. Freelancing is one of the most viable work from home jobs to try while you’re unemployed. Whether you’re searching for entry-level gigs or corporate consulting works, you can get the most out of your skills in order to make a living.
For example, if you have some previous experience handling administrative tasks or have skills in managing social media accounts, you can work as a virtual assistant or social media manager for some clients. Just sign up on different freelancing sites to get started. Make sure you complete your profile and include all the projects that are relevant to the jobs you’re applying for.
- Work As A Graphic Designer – Another way you can take advantage of the online world is by working as a graphic designer. If you have a passion for graphic design tools, then, you can turn that passion into a money-making venture while you’re waiting for the perfect regular job opportunity for you. As long as you have the design tools, you can generate some money to support your needs.
- Work As A Tutor – There are many companies and individuals out there who will hire you to tutor their students, whether they’re children or adults. Being an online tutor can give you an opportunity to earn more than enough to pay for some of your daily expenses. This type of job can help you make ends meet when you don’t have a primary source of income at the moment. Also, if you love teaching, working as a tutor doesn’t only allow you to make some money, but lets you enjoy what you’re doing while you’re unemployed.
- Participate In Research Studies – There are various companies that are willing to pay individuals to participate in research studies. Whether it’s about focus groups, research panels, clinical trials, and surveys, you can actually get paid with a decent chunk of money by becoming a participant. Just find some reliable research sites so you can start receiving side income while searching for a regular paying job.
- Start An Online Store – If you’re skilled in jewelry making, woodworking, or any other type of craft, then, it can be a great idea to open an online store and make some money while you have no regular job. To get started, you need a niche website and social media accounts to boost your marketing potential. This is especially true if you’re working with some marketplace, such as Shopify or Etsy.
- Try Affiliate Marketing – If you’re running a website or blog for entertainment, this can be the perfect time to use it as a money-making tool while you’re unemployed. Affiliate marketing refers to a method in which a company advertises a product or service on your site, and, in turn, you take a percentage of the sales obtained as a result of the users’ clicking on your ads. This method can be an excellent opportunity to get some money to fund your daily needs.
- Sell Your Clutter
While you don’t have work, it’s always a good idea to clear the clutter from your home to free up some spaces. This task will not only keep your home organized, but it’ll also provide you with a perfect way to earn some cash in the fastest time possible.
For example, if you have unused clothes, as well as old pieces of furniture and electronic devices, sell them on different selling platforms and make some extra money. Although traditional yard sales can be a great option, selling your clutter online can make the process much easier and faster.
When it comes to selling online you can guarantee that someone will be interested in what you are selling. You could list something just at the moment someone needs it. If you have lots of similar things you could even list them as a bundle. Bundles sometimes make more money as it as everything people need, so they will pay more for it. If you are selling online then you may find it easier to use a platform such as Facebook Marketplace or eBay. If you decide to use eBay then it may help to check ebay seller fees calculator. It does cost to list items on Ebay, however, occasionally eBay offers this for free so you make more of a profit.
- Capitalize On Your Photography Skills
If you’re a skilled photographer, why not capitalize on it and earn some money while you’re unemployed? For example, you can inform your family and friends that you want to earn some cash by offering some photography services. Your loved ones will be pleased to hire you as the photographer at a reasonable rate.
Apart from photographing events, you can also sell your pictures to bloggers and businesses for money. By doing this, you don’t only get paid for your work, but you’re able to do something you love while you have no stable job yet.
- Try Pet Sitting
If you’re a pet owner or just love pets, you can also try to do some pet sitting in exchange for cash. Although the income isn’t significant, it can still help you get some money to live while waiting for a regular job opportunity to come.
Typically, some of your neighbors may be out for work throughout the day and nobody can look after their pets. Instead of doing nothing, you can offer your pet sitting services at an affordable rate to earn fast cash.
- Work As A Rideshare Driver
If you have a vehicle, why not put it into use by driving for a ridesharing service when you’re unemployed. Companies like Uber and Lyft will be willing to accept new drivers who can work for them. Not only that, but becoming a rideshare driver for the meantime allows you to get some incentives, such as signup bonuses, immediate payments, tips, rewards, and even high pays during peak period.
- Offer Childcare
Aside from pet sitting, you can also offer your childcare services for a fee to earn some money while you’re jobless. Let your neighborhood know that you’re available for babysitting for a certain period of time. Surely, many parents in your community will hire you to keep an eye on their kids while they’re away.
While finding a stable job, you can spend your time earning some side money by doing childcare. However, before you embark on this side hustle, you should have adequate experience in caring for kids to avoid any problems.
- Rent Out Your Home
If you’re living alone in your house, listing it for temporary use or lodging can be a good idea. This is especially true if you’re unemployed and have nothing to do in your home. Instead of staying in there without doing anything, renting it out for money can earn you some money. You can use what you earn to support your daily basic needs while searching for a regular hustle.
- Try A Delivery Job
If you want to earn some cash while you’re unemployed, trying a delivery gig can be a great solution. Whether you deliver real estate flyers, newspapers, or other related materials to a variety of people, there’s always a good earning potential for any delivery job. And, since most deliveries are done early in the morning, you still have plenty of time to do job hunting and schedule interviews during the rest of the day while bringing some money to your pocket.
Indeed, unemployment isn’t really a good thing as it prevents you to generate some income for you and your family. Fortunately, being unemployed doesn’t have to be a negative experience if you keep in mind the tips mentioned above. With several options to choose from, there’s no way you’ll be out of money when you need it the most. As long as you know what you’re getting into, you’ll certainly find some cash sources to get you through your needs while looking for a regular job.