Denver as a city has been popular as a tourist choice since the 1850s, and why not? Whether you want to take a short vacation or live, Denver is just the place to be.
A perfect vacation spot for families and friend groups, Denver has all you are looking for. There are tons of art galleries and green parks to explore. Then there are Red Rocks Park and Amphitheaters – the rainbow-like city has a lot to offer. Denver has tons of summer activities the whole family can enjoy!
So, how do you plan for a long weekend getaway to Denver? Let us find out.
A 3-day Vacation in Denver: What do you do?
Are you planning to visit Denver for the first time? Before you know what to do, you need to get esta approval to have the best time of your life. Since Denver is the perfect weekend getaway, a trip for three days in Denver is enough.
Denver is not that expensive, so there is a range of affordable hotels. If you have been planning to stay in Denver for your weekend, some of the hotels you can stay include.
- Crawford Hotel Denver
- Ramble Hotel
- Kimpton Monaco Denver
And let us not forget the most affordable stays, Airbnb.
However, if you have been planning to stay in Denver for three days, you may be missing out visiting places like the Rocky Mountain National Park, and the Emerald Lake Colorado Springs.
Do not forget to take your camera with you – Denver is the right place for nature and travel photography.
Things to do at night
Denver is extremely popular for its daytime activities, such as skiing, biking, and hiking. But what about the night?
Here are some things you can do in Denver at night. Pick one that is more to your taste.
- Visit Pete’s kitchen and hop on gyros since it is open 24 hours.
- The Esquire is one of the oldest that has undergone recent renovations. If you are visiting it during Saturdays, you’re going to experience screen cults and classics with Rocky Horror being one of the favorite choices.
- Pick up on pizza and enjoy one of the most favorable dishes of Denver.
- Cheesman Park hosts free open mics on Monday. So, whether you are going to explore comedy or poetry, it totally depends on you.
- The lights of Denver Botanic Gardens are extremely popular and hence, the perfect date night idea.
The Top Hotspots in Denver You Need to Visit
Whether you are visiting Denver for the first time alone or with your co-workers, you will need to explore the city at its best. Some of the hotspots in Denver that need special attention include the following.
- The Lower Downtown Denver is where you need to go if you are in love with pubs and restaurants.
- The Art Museum there serves as a daily dose of art and culture.
- City Park is the perfect option for taking a walk across the greens.
- Looking to explore art or have a fun day out with the children? Head out to the Museum of Nature and Science.
- The Red Rocks Park is just a few miles away from the central downtown, and is perfect for hiking, running on trails, and biking.
- Let us not forget to mention the beautiful botanic gardens that the city hosts.
- Art lovers, here is something to know – the city is home to sculptures by famous artists such as Alexander Calder and Dale Chihuly.
- Take a trip to Linger, or the Coors Field – there is just so much to do.
Tropical Discovery of Denver Zoo
Explore the zoo in a rainforest environment for an experience you will remember. The place houses more than 123 species of fish, 140 species of plants, and 1200 animals. It has support systems for the environment to maintain temperature for plants as well as animals.
Everland Immersive Art Park
Everland is an Eco-Retreat and Immersive Art Park located on 145 acres of forested landscape and is only 45 minutes southwest of Denver. Everland is growing into a world-wide sought-after destination that is perfect for families looking to explore, ignite their creative imagination, play in the forest with their family, and stay in the breathtaking retreat center. It’s a definite must-see for your list of hotspots in Denver!
Have a Fun Trip at the USA?
If you are outside the USA, make sure to apply for the esta visa online. You need a valid travel document to travel to the U.S. To apply, you do not need to head out somewhere. The entire application process is online. For each ESTA travel authorization, you can visit the U.S. for a period of 90 days.
You do not need to make an immediate trip – your visa is valid for a good two years once issued. However, ensure that you fill up the details correctly as officers on the ground may ask you questions for the same. It is advisable to apply for ESTA early – it can take up to 72 hours to get one.
If you want to visit the hotspots in Denver – whether alone or with your family – make it memorable and be sure to check out the places we listed above!