We all know how stressful the holiday season can be. Between shopping for gifts, planning holiday parties and preparing meals, there’s often little time left over for relaxation or pampering! Luckily, we have some expert tricks and tips from AVEENO® experts, celebrity hairstylist Patrick Melville and dermatologist Dr. Debra Jaliman to help you survive the holiday season looking and feeling your best. Bonus: We share our OWN expert tips for the perfect, no-fuss holiday makeup look.
Who has time to fuss with complicated hairstyles during this busy time of year? Fortunately, Patrick Melville has several how-to tips to create perfectly polished party hair without the fuss. Melville’s tips for success are:
- Blow-dry hair with Mason Pearson Brush or round brush, when hair is dry, spray hair with the AVEENO® Dry Shampoo at the root to create texture
- Take a small tail comb and tease very gently at the root throughout the head, flip hair upside down and break up hair with your finger
- Grab hair at the nape and secure with hair tie, this should create a little texture and softness around your face
- With the tailcomb, gently tease the ponytail to create more texture, spin ponytail around to create a chignon at nape of neck and secure with a straight pin or bobby pin
- Break up with fingers on the bottom, use a lightweight hairspray to secure in place, finish with a sparkly headband or clip
Within just a few minutes, you can have party-ready hair without spending precious hours you don’t have.
Famed dermatologist Dr. Debra Jaliman knows what it takes to keep skin glowing throughout the holiday season, and you can take advantage of her skincare secrets to help you put your best face forward this season.
First, she suggests using Aveeno Ultra-Calming Makeup Removing Wipes before bed – an easy way to clean your face post-party after a long night out. To help relieve stress, drop a capful of Aveeno Stress Relief Foaming Bath into a warm tub and soak your cares away with a soothing, pampering blend of lavender and oatmeal. Finally, Dr. Jaliman is a firm believer in Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Scrub to help unclog pores, scrub away dead skin cells and reveal a healthy, revitalized complexion.
Quick & Easy Holiday Makeup
The holidays are the perfect time to switch up your makeup routine, but that doesn’t mean you have to spend hours slaving away in the bathroom perfecting your look. With these helpful tips and tricks, you’ll be able to achieve a party-worthy look in no time flat!
1. Skip the heavy foundation – instead, give skin a luminous glow and light coverage with a tinted moisturizer like Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer. This will help even out your complexion while softening harsh lines and wrinkles.
2. Sweep a copper or gold-hued eyeshadow across lids, like one (or all) of the coordinating shades in Palladio’s Eyeshadow Quad in Copper ‘N Chic.
3. We are huge fans of stay-put eyeliner, especially during the holidays – there’s no time for touch-ups! We like Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner as well as their Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner. (Bonus: Stila’s “Seeing Stars” Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner Set makes a great gift!) Just line upper lash lines, and finish with a coat of your favorite mascara.
4. Swipe a cream blush on cheeks for a rosy glow. We love cream blush because it’s so long wearing.
5. Finish with a coat of your favorite lipstick or gloss (red is in, but you can also opt for a deep berry shade!)
Do you have any holiday beauty tips to share? Don’t be shy – leave them with us in the comments.