Image Source: www.rr-magazine.com
Braids are all the rage these days, so why not try a festive fishtail for this year’s family holiday party?! You can keep it simple and sophisticated, or pull out a few pieces around your face, loosen the braid and make it a bit messy for a more casual look.
- Part dry hair to one side and gather in front of the shoulder; create two even sections.
- Begin the braid by taking a small piece of hair from the outside of the first section, crossing it over and adding to the inside of the opposite section.
- Continue until the braid is complete and secure with an elastic.
Check out this fishtail braid tutorial if you need help!
For next-day texture, remove the braid and shake hair out. Apply a small amount of Dove Invigorating Dry Shampoo from roots to tips to absorb extra oil and refresh your hair!
Image Source: pose.com/p/1te4r
A textured, messy bun is a great alternative to the side chignon or regular ballerina bun. It’s elegant and fun without being too fussy. Take this cute hairstyle from the office to the after party by adding a touch of sparkle with a sequin butterfly claw clip!
- Take small sections of dry hair, beginning at the hairline, and twist upward – continue picking up hair as you go until you reach the back of the head.
- Secure each twist with a Goody bobby pins and repeat 4-5 times.
- Gather the remaining hair and blend it with the twists, twisting all of the hair into a loose bun – secure with additional pins as needed.
- Finish with Dove Style + Care Strength & Shine Flexible Hold Hairspray to keep the style in place all day!
Image Source: www.beautybender.com
Everyone knows a good hair day can send your confidence through the roof, so start the New Year off right with a shiny, voluminous blowout!
- Towel-dry clean hair and spray Dove Oxygen Moisture Root Lift Spray directly on roots.
- Separate into 2-3 sections and blow dry using a large round brush, lifting each section at the root to create volume.
- Once dry, wrap each section around 3 fingers creating a barrel roll; secure at the root with a pin.
- Once head is set, remove the pins and add 1-2 drops of Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment from mid-length through the ends.
- Finish your look off with Dove Style + Care Strength & Shine Extra Hold Hairspray to ensure that your gorgeous hair lasts well past midnight!
Top Knot Bun
If you’re too tired to fuss with your hair, opt for the super easy and trendy top knot bun for a sleek and sophisticated look that is great for Christmas shopping and holiday parties too!
- Apply 1-2 drops of Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment to damp lengths and ends; blow dry and gather into a
high, tight ponytail at the crown.
- With another small drop of Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment on fingertips, braid the ponytail and secure with an elastic.
- Wrap the braid around the base of the ponytail, tucking the end underneath to create the “knot;” secure with a bobby pin.
- Finish with Dove Style + Care Strength & Shine Extra Hold Hairspray to hold the style in place.
If you are really short on time (and brain cells) get Conair Bun Maker Set to make perfect buns easily, every time.
*Bonus Tip! Spray hairspray on a reusable mascara wand and use it to smooth down any flyaway hairs, especially around the ears and at the nape of the neck.