I think one thing we can all agree on as parents is that sometimes it’s just dang hard to get your kids to eat a vegetable! Regardless of your religious background, these Hidden Veggie Latkes are a big hit with kids! Serve these delicious little latkes with sour cream, ketchup, ranch dip, or whatever your kids like to dip things in and watch them finish everything on their plate and ask for more!
You can find more delicious and easy Hanukkah Recipes For Kids on PJLibrary.com.
Hidden Veggie Latkes
- 1 large russet potato, peeled
- 1 large zucchini, peeled
- ½ head of cauliflower
- ½ yellow onion
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Grate together the potato, zucchini, cauliflower, and onion. You can use a food processor or your Nutribullet to make this step faster.
- Wrap the veggie mixture in a cheesecloth or a lightweight kitchen towel and squeeze out as much fluid as possible.
- In a large bowl, combine those veggies with garlic, the flour, baking powder, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- In a non-toxic frying pan, heat ½ inch of oil on medium-high. Carefully drop a heaping tablespoon of the latke mixture into the hot oil.
- Fry for approx 2 minutes, then flip and fry up the other side.
- Transfer each latke to a paper towel-lined plate or kid-friendly platter.
- Serve while warm with a dip like sour cream, ketchup, veggie cheese dip, or ranch dip.
Photo Source: Hanukkah Recipe: Hidden Veggie Latkes