Who doesn’t love Heidi Klum? Ummm, I can’t think of one person… anyways, one of the things I admire most about her is that she always looks stunning. One of my favorite things about her? Guh, her totally envy-worthy eyelashes! I have those undesirable short, “can’t work with them” lashes… but with a little help from Rapidlash (see excitement here), I am starting to be able to pull some fanciful makeup tricks off with a little more finesse.
What am I doing to pull of great lash looks for special occasions? (We are heading into Wedding season after all) Celebrity makeup artist, Kimara Ahnert of the Kimara Anhert Studio in NYC, breaks it down into 5 easy steps:
- Curl your lashes with a great lash curler (we recommend Tweezerman’s ProCurl Lash Curler). Start at the base of the lash then midway up the lash.
- Line lashes with a black liquid liner or creme liner (we recommend L’Oreal Paris Lineur Intense Liquid Liner) using an angular eyeliner brush.
- Pull the eye taut and using the angled brush (Sephora Collection Professional Brush #15 is awesome!), paint a thin line right into the base of the lashes. Want added drama? Increase the thickness of the line of liner. Tip: It should be thickest near the corner of the eye and then gently taper toward the outer corner.
- Follow with two different kinds of mascara- one for length and one for volume ( we don’t mind shortening this step with Covergirl Lash Blast Fusion Mascara (length + Volume )
- Use a lash comb (try Prestige Brow and Lash Brush Combo) to separate and remove any clumps.