Fashion trends are changing rapidly, and it may be hard to follow them sometimes. Men’s clothes are no exception, and something you were quite sure was stylish and fashionable may suddenly appear outdated. There’s a trick on how to build up your wardrobe to avoid awkward situations, and we’re going to share this secret with you.
There are pieces of clothing and jewelry that are basic for all times. Such essentials as a well-tailored suit, a pair of white sneakers or a gold ring for men to add stylish accents to a simple look are among the timeless must-haves suitable for every occasion. There are pieces of clothing you may mix and match together to create a decent amount of trendy looks, from classic to contemporary, without spending too much on a pile of unnecessary items.
When it comes to men’s outfits, choosing the right attire for every occasion can be a daunting task. However, there are certain types of outfits that are versatile enough to suit almost any occasion, whether it’s a formal event, a casual get-together, or anything in between. Below there are types of men’s outfits that are suitable for most of the occasions.
1. A classic suit. A well-tailored suit is an absolute must-have in any respectable gentleman’s wardrobe. It is perfect for formal events such as weddings, job interviews, and business meetings. A classic navy or charcoal blazer is a timeless choice, while a black suit is a great option for evening events. A man in a suit always creates a good impression, as the outfit is typically associated with success and tidiness. Such accessories as a luxury watch or cufflinks may add even more appeal to the look, while the absence of details makes sure nothing will steal the spotlight from the wearer.
2. A blazer. A stylish blazer is a versatile piece that can become a suitable finishing touch to your outfit for most of the occasions. A navy or gray blazer paired with chinos and a button-down shirt is a great option for semi-formal events such as cocktail parties or dinner dates. It is great for the events the formality of which you’re not quite sure about, or for the day when the weather is too changeable, and you don’t want the chills to spoil your walk. A nice blazer may become a favorite piece of clothing, as it is a practical lifesaver for a bunch of outfits. It can help to create quite a few edgy combinations when mixed with just as simple but basic types of clothes, as a plain white T-shirt, a pair of blue jeans or favorite chinos.
3. A dress shirt. A crisp white dress shirt is a wardrobe essential that can be paired with anything from a suit to jeans. Dress shirts can be dressed up with a tie for formal events or worn untucked with jeans for a more casual look. It’s hard to add something when it comes to this piece of clothing, except that when you think it’s too plain, you are free to add such accessories as a gold chain with a pendant or a massive pave diamond ring to spice your outfit.
4. A monochrome T-shirt. A well-fitting T-shirt with no graphic design that features only one color, preferably white or black, will make a one more practical item that is able to become a base for quite a number of looks. When worn with a pair of jeans or chinos, it’s a nice match for a get-together with friends or a casual date. Paired with an unbuttoned shirt it makes a great choice for a weekend trip or a walk in a park. Worn with a contrast blazer it creates a semi-formal look for events you don’t want to look as if you
are trying too hard, yet you would rather bet on a safe option.
5. Classic blue jeans. It’s hard to overestimate a pair of favorite jeans that feels like your second skin. The comfort and freedom of movement add to the confidence and self-esteem. They can be worn as with a simple T-shirt, a dress shirt, paired with a blazer or with a bunch of other pieces, and they will still inevitably become a part of a look that is suitable for every occasion. Blue jeans are a timeless classic that nowadays is impossible to imagine a wardrobe of a modern guy without. It’s not even a recommendation to get a pair of blue jeans, as we’re sure you already own one, it’s more of a reminder not to put them too far away in your closet.
6. A sweater. It’s a versatile piece that can be worn on a variety of occasions. A V-neck sweater is perfect for a business casual event, while a crew neck sweater is great for more casual meetings. It can be worn as a main piece of clothing or as a part of layers with a shirt or a T-shirt, and a jacket or a blazer. A nice cashmere or cotton crewneck creates a neat and effortless look when matched with a pair of jeans or chinos good for casual events, dressed up with a blazer it may become an appropriate option for semi-casual meetings. It’s also a good decision for changeable weather, as you can easily take it off when the sun is out, or put it back on when it gets chilly.
7. Chinos. A pair of chinos is a piece of clothing that suits literally for every occasion. They are perfect for a casual day out, or for a business casual event. They can be paired with a dress shirt and a blazer for a more formal look or worn with a t-shirt for a more casual image. The men’s top choices of chinos’ colors are navy, beige and khaki. Having at least one pair creates a lot of options for your wardrobe mix, but when you’re a happy owner of all three colors, the range of outfit combinations is almost limitless. Men love them so much, as they provide a smart and stylish look along with the feeling of comfort.
8. A leather jacket. A casual item that can be worn with almost anything. It is perfect for a night out, as it adds a trendy and sharp feel to your outfit. It can be paired with chinos, jeans, or shorts for a comfortable and stylish look. A leather jacket goes well with edgy jewelry, like chain necklaces, rope chain bracelets or stacked bulky rings. A pair of shades works well with a leather jacket, creating a badass image. A nice leather jacket gives you the feel, and let’s not be too modest, the look of a movie star playing the leading role. It’ll definitely add spice to the outfit.
9. White sneakers. Another perfect example of a must-have for a modern man. A pair of these essentials can complete almost any look. They are too versatile not to include them into your everyday wear. White sneakers match perfectly with all the items listed above, except for the classic suit, though some men are able to pull off even this look, not that we would recommend trying. For the best impression, your white sneakers should actually BE white, so make sure you’re taking good care of them.
Having these essential items in your wardrobe, you’ll be able to experiment with mixing and creating a lot of great stylish combinations ranging from classic to contemporary looks appropriate at any occasion. Your taste and sense of style will surely make a lasting impression.