1) High waisted pants. I don’t care how tall or thin you are, I’ve never seen a pair of high waisted pants that look good on anyone. They make your boobs look like they are growing out of your waistband. Please do not buy into this nightmare of a trend.
2) Colored denim jeans. The 80’s are over and while certain styles from certain decades return, this is one trend that I hope no one takes hold of. Colored jeans remind me of punk rockers and bad movies from the 80’s. Besides, blue denim is a classic and with all the different washes of blue denim available, why venture into the crayon box of denim? Yikes! Pick up a pair of dark denim jeans this fall. Now THAT is something that is flattering to all. All the better if its a wide leg pair of dark denim pants.
3) Baby doll tunics. Enough of this. I’ve tried wearing this style different times and it all looks like maternity wear to me. I’d rather throw on a satin or silky trapeze dress with some high heels than a baby doll tunic.
4) Oxford shoes. These remind me of my Catholic school days. Which reminds me of nightmares. There is nothing feminine, funky, hip or cool about oxford shoes, especially oxford high heels. There’s just too many other stylish options out there in the way of comfortable shoes.
5) Feathers, edwardian blouses or fussy ruffles. Unless you’re trying out for a scene in “Amadeus” – this is another trend that will only make you look foolish and increase your chances of becoming a Glamour “Don’t”.
6) Cropped baby doll blazers or jackets. Again, these are not flattering even to thin people. The minute I saw one of these in a store recently, I thought to myself, “hmm, it looks like a bed jacket!”