The holidays are a perfect time to bring out unique decorations and specialized accident pieces for your home. No matter if you like decorating for holidays or the changing seasons, there are many ways to make your home feel festive. Four holidays that commonly see farmhouse holiday decor around the home are Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Easter Decoration Ideas
As a spring holiday, Easter is associated with pastels, youth, and life.
- A Wreath: as a spring holiday, Easter occurs when the grass is greening and plants are returning to life. Tulips are a very common and bright spring plant and a tulip wreathe adds lightness and beauty to your home. Other plants you can use are peony and cotton.
- Fabric Rabbits: a rustic and old-time piece of art, rough-edged fabric rabbits are a more than fitting decoration for Easter. Rabbit statues in general fit the season and are available in an assortment of natural materials, such as stone and wood.
- Peter Rabbit Plates: a classic story Peter Rabbit pieces add a thematic and charming touch to your Easter gatherings.
Halloween Decoration Ideas
The spooky season lends itself to holiday decoration that is one of a kind.
- Carved Pumpkins: the jack-o-lantern is an iconic part of Halloween and with farmhouse style be associated with rustic living lives, carved pumpkins are a natural fit for the season.
- Wire Baskets: thematically fitting wire baskets can be placed on your front porch and filled with fall plants (such as gourds) for a seasonal and holiday-appropriate look.
- Thematic Doormat: a simple holiday doormat can add a lot to your home’s decor and Halloween theme. You can also take plain doormats and decorate them for a personalized piece of art.
Thanksgiving Decoration Ideas
Thanksgiving brings families together and for the holiday consider these festive touchings:
- Decorate Your Mantle: adding fall plants and pumpkins to your mantle can make it a fitting centerpiece for the Thanksgiving holiday. Some plants you can use include pumpkins, lavender, and wood.
- Wheatgrass in a Pitcher: an easy and seasonally fitting centerpiece you can set on your dining room table is a bundle of wheatgrass in a pitcher.
- Turkey Decorations: as the common holiday food for Thanksgiving there are many turkey-themed decorations you can make use of to spruce up your home. Examples of these include wall art, statutes, and figurines.
Christmas Decoration Ideas
For Christmas, some ways to make your home more festive include:
- Use of Green and Plants: green paints, wreaths, and plants in pots can add natural greenery to your home. Apples can also be incorporated for a natural look.
- Bell Ornaments: bells have long been associated with Christmas and are available in classic designs that blend well with your home’s existing décor.
- Festive Furnishings: something as simple as changing your duvets and beddings with red, green, and plaid colors adds a touch of winter flair to your home. Adding touches of red to your kitchen and bathroom can be achieved with towels, mugs, rugs, and cups.
There is no shortage of holiday decorations to make your home warm and inviting, no matter the time of year or holiday. No matter if it’s creative endeavors, natural decorations, or a fitting accent piece farmhouse décor is more than fitting for any and all holidays.