Eyebrows are among the most attractive facial features, and the best way to keep them that way is to take care of them. While there are many ways to get a perfect eyebrow shape and appearance, one method that continues to trend is Microblading eyebrows. If you’re new to microblading, you’ve come to the right place. Whether you’re interested in getting microblading done to your eyebrows or want to learn about this beauty trend, we got you covered.
What Is Microblading
Microblading is a beauty technique for enhancing and shaping eyebrows. In other words, microblading is a semi-permanent cosmetic tattoo that involves the meticulous application of pigment on the skin’s surface, creating fine-like strokes on the eyebrows. Microblading is done using a handheld tool with multiple tiny needles arranged in a row. The needles help create fine, hair-like lines that mimic the appearance of natural eyebrow hair.
Benefits of Microblading
Microblading has many benefits, which makes it a popular cosmetic procedure. Some benefits are:
- Natural-looking appearance: Microblading blends seamlessly into existing eyebrows due to precise customization, resulting in a natural-looking appearance.
- Improve brow shape and fullness: Microblading is perfect for those with thin and sparse eyebrows, as it adds fullness and definition.
- Hassle-free and low maintenance: Unlike traditional makeup, you can enjoy a swim or get rained on without fearing messing up your eyebrows. You will also continue your life as if you had natural eyebrows.
- Time-saving: Microblading saves you the time you could use to fill your eyebrows with makeup. Also, you will always have beautifully shaped eyebrows.
- Money-saving: This technique helps you save money since you won’t buy eyebrow-filling products every now and then.
- Long-lasting results: Microblade eyebrows last between 18 to 30 months and sometimes up to 36 months. This could mean three years of hassle-free, well-shaped, and defined eyebrows.
The Microblading Procedure
The first step is to consult with a qualified microblading technician, who will assess your natural brows’ shape, color, and density. During the consultation, you can discuss what to expect and your concerns.
The microblading artist will measure and map your eyebrows to ensure balance and match your facial features during the procedure. They will also choose the appropriate pigment color to match your eyebrow color or the shade you desire.
Before microblading, the artist applies a numbing cream to make you comfortable. However, most prefer to apply the cream before applying the second layer. They use a handheld microblading tool that has multiple needles. The microblading tool is dipped in the ink to create fine, precise strokes that resemble your brow hair.
After the initial microblading, the technician may apply a second layer of pigment to ensure color saturation and achieve the best results. The artist will clean your brows and give you aftercare instructions, like keeping the area completely dry. Depending on your body, the healing process may take 4-6 weeks. There will also be a touch-up session to perfect your microblade eyebrows.
Final Thoughts on Microblading
Microblading is a nice way to enhance your appearance, save time and money, and have lasting results. The process involves the application of ink on the skin surface of your eyebrows, which takes about 2-3 hours. Microblading eyebrows is not as painful as people often perceive it to be; expect some discomfort during the process, but it’s not that serious.