The first step of getting married is to get engaged. An engagement party is a gathering to celebrate the engagement news if the groom and bride. It gives a chance to the in-laws of both the groom and the bride to meet and get to know each other better. Here the groom and the bride had the opportunity to catch up with their friends and family and allow the bride to show off the ring.
Basics of throwing an engagement party:
- The bride’s parents mostly host the engagement party, but nowadays, it is not at all important who organizes the event. Sometimes the couple decides they will throw the engagement party themselves. Opting to take help from a professional brings out the best sort of engagement party. Some wedding planners also have complete packages which include all the events like an engagement party, etc.
- Picking a date is the thing that comes next. The time should be within the few months of engagement when the excitement is still fresh, and any stress regarding the wedding planning is yet to kick in.
- The basis of picking the guest list is to keep in mind the people attending the engagement party will also be attending the wedding. If some are throwing a party on behalf of the groom and bride, consult with the couple before sending out invitations.
- Engagement parties are somewhat flexible regarding the venue to be chosen. If the host is planning a small party, hosting inside the couple’s parent’s house or in the backyard is a good option. While choosing a restaurant is advisable for a big and formal engagement party.
- Deciding what type of invitation to be sent (formal or informal) is a significant factor. It is not necessary to always throw a formal invite, but it is more advisable. If you have less time and are hosting a basic seated dinner, go for paper invites. One can also send online invitations; these give more excellent designs to the invites allowing a formal invite to a fancy engagement party. One should always keep in mind that the people receiving the paper or online engagement party invite must receive the paper or online wedding invitations as well.
- Planning the menu for the event is crucial as it tends to attract the attention of every guest. For an evening party, opt for passed appetizers or some snacks with cheese and meat. If the evening would be more formal, then a plated meal is nice tough.
- The theme and décor of the party are to be kept in mind. Candlelight with some floral arrangements is an appropriate choice.
- Attire is the last thing to be kept in mind. One should wear something that complements your partner’s attire. Going all white is not necessary, and one can wear whatever he/she prefers.
A party planner helps bring out the best sort of engagement parties and helps in the decision of these essential factors for making an engagement party worth remembering.