We here at The Fashionable Housewife love us some Oscar stylings so imagine how excited we are to have advice on how to recreate some of the stunning, effortless looks from the night! With the help of Sedu Elite Styling Consultant and celebrity stylist Tommy Buckett, us normal gals can re-create some of the loveliest hairstyles of the night with just a few simple steps!
“This Oscar season was all about effortless, flowing locks on some of Hollywood’s biggest names,” said Sedu Elite Styling Consultant and celebrity stylist Tommy Buckett. “We saw many of the A-listers let their hair down and really take a no-frills approach to their look. A lot of simple, sleek and shiny locks a la Penelope Cruz and Gwyneth Paltrow and a lot of gorgeous, feminine waves as we saw with Natalie Portman and Amy Adams. When you’re an Oscar goddess it’s easy to let your gorgeous hair do the talking!”
The Wavy Do, like Natalie Portman and Amy Adams
- Divide your hair into 1” sections combing out any tangles
- Take each 1” section and using your Sedu Revolution Tourmaline Ionic Styling Iron, make one quick pass on the hair shaft to ensure an even line of shine and an even heat out
- To get the WOW! effect, take each 1” section and wrap it once around one plate. Turn the iron 180 degrees while pressing lightly and clapping the iron to allow movement. Let sit for a few moments.
- Let the hair drop from the iron and cool in your hand. Give a little twist to set the wave and repeat with the rest of the hair.
- Finally, tousle the hair with your fingers and you’re ready for a fantastically glamorous night!
The Straight Do, like Gwyneth Paltrow and Penelope Cruz
- Apply a heat protecting product from top to end. Sedu’s Anti-Frizz Polishing Treatment with pure argan oil will give you that sleek, no-frizz look that eliminates flyaways and preps your hair before blow drying
- Blow hair dry with a round brush, lifting the roots up if you want a little volume. Sedu’s Revolution Pro Tourmaline Ionic 4000i Dryer will ensure a quick, smooth dry
- Divide your hair into ½” to 1” sections using a comb. For smooth shiny strands, pass the Sedu Pro Ionic Ceramic Flat Iron through the hair from root to end. It straightens, smoothes and tames hair for sleek style to reveal your hair’s natural shine
- Piece out strands to add some texture with a little more of the Anti-Frizz Polishing Treatment. Imagine that, so simple!
Do you have any tips or tricks for Oscar worthy hair? We would love for you to share with us!