The average household completes around eight loads of washing every week, which can put a strain on the appliances. Washing machine repairs might seem like a lot of work but can be surprisingly easy to fix. Before you pay a few hundred dollars to have a licensed technician come over, try these washing machine repair tricks, and get your machine up and running again.
Odd Rumbling Noises
If your washing machine is making weird rumbling noises, then you may have an issue with the pump. Luckily for you, this is one of the easiest common fixes and can be resolved in minutes. While it’s not an issue, fixing the problem can save you from the rumbling noises escalating into a bigger issue down the road.
- Turn off your washing machine and make sure it’s unplugged from the outlet.
- Locate the washing machine pump by removing the back panel.
- Once you find the pump, you can remove the motor and disconnect all of the electrical cords.
- When the motor is finally disconnected you can replace the broken coupler on the back of the motor and install it back into the washing machine.
Water Is Not Filling
If your washing machine is not filling with water or takes a long time to fill up, you may have an issue with the water valves. Replacing the water valves can be cost-effective and might save you from contacting a technician.
- Unplug the washing machine and make sure that it’s away from the outlet.
- Next, locate the water values which are connected to the appliance. Try unplugging the electrical cords and water values and look for any breaks or damage.
- Once you have checked everything over, clean the water valve screens and ensure they’re clean.
- If the problem has not been solved yet, you will need to disassemble the water valves and replace them, which may only cost a few dollars. If the issue isn’t resolved there may be an issue with the appliance and a washing machine repair expert should be called to diagnose the problem.
Any issues that arise with water can be intimidating, but a washing machine repair should be completed quickly so you don’t have to worry about flooding. If you’re having trouble, don’t hesitate to reach out to a washing machine repair specialist like Hilton Appliance Repairs so the problem doesn’t persist.