Hair extensions are a great way to change up your look quickly. People use them to go from a short bob haircut to having long waves, without waiting months for their hair to grow.
However, many people become a little overwhelmed when they realize how many different types of extensions there are to choose from! Should you use the real hair extensions clip in option? Or, should you get semi-permanent ones? This article covers the pros and cons of clip in hair extensions to help you decide if they are the best option for you.
Five Pros of Clip-in Hair Extensions
Though each type of extension has its own benefits, here are 5 benefits of using clip-ins, which may make this type an appealing option for you.
- They are temporary. Perhaps you only need to add volume or length to your hair for a big occasion and aren’t looking for something that will last months. If that’s the case, then clip in hair extensions are a great option. These take minutes to put in and can be removed just as easily.
- They don’t damage your hair. If you have thin, easily breakable hair, real hair extension clip-ins are a great option for you. Taping or gluing in extensions can cause hair to break when you remove them. Since these snap right in, you don’t have to worry about hurting your hair when you take them out.
- They are often cheaper. If your budget is tight, clip-ins are a good choice for you. These are generally cheaper to purchase than their more permanent counterparts.
- They are easy to maintain. If you don’t want to spend a significant amount of time keeping up your extensions, consider using clips-ins. You can keep them in good shape at home simply by washing them a few times a week.
- They are easy to put in and take out. Since you can put in your clip in hair extensions yourself, you can quickly and easily change up your hairstyle. Need to quickly add some volume for a date? Or need to add some length for an updo? Simply put them in and get started.
Almost anyone can wear clip-ins!
Now that the benefits of using real hair extension clip-ins versus more permanent types have been covered, you may be wondering if they will work with your hair. The good news? Almost anyone can use clip-in extensions.
Clip in hair extensions are a great option for men, women, and even children. If you have thinning hair that you want to make look thicker, you can easily put these in.
If you have permanent hair loss, be sure to consult a doctor before getting any type of hair extensions. Also, if you have no hair, these would not be a good choice, though they can be used to change up the look of a wig.
Remember, practice makes perfect
Now that you’ve decided the clip in hair extensions are the way to go, you’re probably excited to get them purchased and put them in. Just remember, just like anything new, putting your extensions in for the first time make take a little longer than you anticipated. But the more you do it, the faster you’ll become and the easier it will be.