Dude. Coffee is life.
Being a mom with 3 kids, working from home and homeschooling, I could not get through a day without coffee. Thank the sweet Lord Jesus for coffee.
To celebrate National Coffee Day on Tuesday September 29th in true coffee lover style, check out some of these cool picks that will have you pining for a good cup of joe. Not to mention, Pumpkin Spice Coffee is da bomb. We are definitely #teampumpkinspiceeverything
When you are ready to brew a delicious cup of hot coffee, don’t settle for anything less than the best. When it comes to coffee makers, I always say go big or go home! Don’t settle for anything less than the best when it comes to your coffee. If you are looking for a premium coffee maker and a space saving design, get the Krups SAVOY EC314.
Krups Savoy EC314 Coffee Maker
The square shape allows you to slip it in between your other kitchen appliances with ease while it’s large, easy to read LCD screen lets you easily set your coffee to brew in the morning, automatically. You get all the bells and whistles of a larger coffee maker, in a compact design that won’t break the bank.
Another great feature of this coffee maker from Krups is the integrated water filtration system for the optimal taste, the “clean” feature indicator illuminates when it’s time to descale the machine while a convenient pause and serve feature allows you to remove the carafe at anytime and get yourself a cup. You even get a Reg/Bold Setting on the machine so you have complete control over the richness of your cup of coffee.
My favorite feature of this particular coffee machine is the Keep Warm Function ACTUALLY stays on and keeps coffee warm for up to 4 hours at three different temperature options! You have no idea how important that is to me. Nothing worse than going to get a second cup of coffee only to find that the pot turned off and it’s cold and then I’m left with microwaving a cup (blech!) or making a k-cup just so I can have a fresh cup of coffee. No longer an issue with this machine!
Yet another excellent feature with the baby is the DUAL auto-on program settings that lets you set your coffee pot to turn on automatically a certain time on weekdays and a different time on weekends! Seriously, I mean, c’mon? How can you get any better than that?
With features like this, I would normally expect to pay close to $200. Amazingly, the Krups Savoy Stainless Steel 12 Cup Glass Coffee Maker is only $79.99!
You can purchase it in retailers nationwide including Bed Bath & Beyond, Macy’s, Bloomingdales, BonTon, Fred Meyers, JC Penny, Home Depot, WilliamsSonoma.com and Amazon.com
How cute are these coffee mugs and shirts from T.J.Maxx and Marshalls?
- Moustache Coffee Mugs – $2.99 each at T.J.Maxx
- House Blend Coffee & Espresso Bags – $24.99 each at T.J.Maxx
- Because I’m Your Mother Mug – $2.99 at Marshalls
- Believe in Yourself Mugs – $2.99 each at Marshalls
- I Really Need Coffee Tank – $9.99 at T.J. Maxx
- Keep Calm, Drink Coffee Tee – $12.99
You can almost always find a great selection of gourmet ground coffee at both Marshalls & T.J.Maxx. I always stock up and grab a few (or more) bags of coffee when I shop at either store. The prices are almost always less than the grocery store for legit, delicious gourmet coffee.
Having great tasting coffee is really important to a lot of people, including myself. If I’m going to bother having a cup of coffee, I want it to be a GOOD cup of coffee.
Obviously, a great cup of joe starts off with fresh beans. If you are buying your coffee from the grocery store, chances are you aren’t getting super fresh beans. Don’t worry, you have options! The Moustache Coffee Club lets you order artisan coffees from the comfort of your home so you know you are getting fresh coffee. They roast and ship your coffee on the same day so you know you are getting fresh coffee. If you want the convenience of ordering from the comfort of your own home and fresh coffee delivered to your doorstep (office or home), the Moustache Coffee Club has got you covered, baby. This is a great, affordable option to get your gourmet coffee.
The Moustache Coffee Club is available nationally and internationally. For more information, visit www.moustachecoffeeclub.com. Click here to sign up and get $5 off your order.
Isn’t that print cute? I would love that in my kitchen. Click on the image above and get it on etsy.com.
After you’ve got some delicious coffee on hand, it’s time to start baking with the leftovers! The following recipe for Chocolate Pudding Cakes is courtesy of Community Coffee.
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups cocoa, unsweetened, Dutch process
- 3 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ¼ cups dark brown sugar, tightly packed and separated
- 1 ¼ cups Community coffee French Roast or Dark Roast, brewed
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ sticks butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 ½ tbsps vanilla extract
- Optional: vanilla ice cream as side garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place paper muffin cups in two 12-cup muffin pans. In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1 cup of cocoa, baking powder and salt. Whisk to remove lumps.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, 1 cup of brown sugar, brewed coffee (cooled), milk, eggs, butter and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth (some lumps will remain).
- Combine the wet and dry mixtures, mixing well.
- Transfer batter to the cupcake pans, filling them ¾ full. In a small bowl, mix ¼ cup of cocoa and ¼ cup of brown sugar together. Sprinkle a tablespoon over each cake and place pans in the oven to bake them for 20 minutes. The cake’s edges should be crisp, but the middle should be very soft - similar to pudding. Cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream as a side garnish.