One of the characteristic components of the strain of Cannabis Sativa found largely in the hemp plant is cannabidiol or CBD. The herb is gaining a reputation in the market exponentially. As more people get to know about this, its demand keeps growing. Owing to the variety in requirements, stores have come up with convenient options for intaking CBD such as oils, creams, and capsules.
How does the body respond
The human body relies on a system of receptors for smooth working. This system is termed the Endocannabinoid system (ECS). The ECS maintains a chain of receptors responsible for balancing the nervous system, immune system, and other essential organs. Studies show that CBD primarily works with CB1 and CB2 receptors alongside a few others. The cannabis component interacts with the ECS through these receptors, in turn, helping to maintain a balance in the body. For this reason, it seems to have such a calming effect. This forms the basis for using CBD and its supplements extensively in the field of medicine.
Options for your intake
As the demand increases, stores have come up with newer, more innovative solutions for consumers. The most common ones are smokes and vapes. Vaporisers have come in all shapes and vaping liquids are being produced in a variety of concentrations to meet every need.
Alternatively, we have creams and supplements that can become a part of your routine.
Capsules have also become popular since they are more discreet than oils and vapes and can be ingested as additions to your daily vitamins. CBD capsules do not have any adverse effects. Hence, in careful doses, they can be easily incorporated into your routine.
Prime benefits of using Capsules
Let us explore some of the reasons why you should shift to using CBD capsules.
- Easily concealable. The capsules are easily hidden and do not attract much attention.
- Tasteless: The capsules taste neutral. Therefore, one does not need to worry about a bad feeling in the mouth or an inferior after-taste.
- Accurate dosage: Capsules are available in specific concentrations. One can easily measure the intake and decide what works best. For beginners, the lower measures are recommended.
- Predetermined concentrations: Concentrations of 4-20% are available per capsule. This makes it easier to decide what works best for you.
- Same quality as oils: While switching to capsules, one can expect the same quality as promised by the oils’ after-taste.
Side-effects of higher dosage
Though there are no serious side-effects of using CBD even in higher doses, some mild symptoms may occur. On regular, high ingestion one may experience, dizziness, low blood pressure, drowsiness, and dry-mouth conditions. Some patients have even reported liver issues but that is extremely rare. Pregnant ladies are advised to stay away from intaking CBD in any form as the known side-effects are not very clear and could prove to be fatal.