Would you believe that a whopping 73% of people wish that they had more meaningful moments with their family and loved ones during the holidays? I’m really not surprised because I remember so many special traditions my family had for the holidays when I was growing up and it seems so hard to do that nowadays with our busy lifestyles.
T.J.Maxx, Marshalls & Homegoods are working to help bring people together this holiday season so they can focus on creating special memories and traditions with family and friends!
The brands have tapped both TV host and food blogger, Haylie Duff to help as many people as possible get tips and tricks on how to create special holiday moments.
Being a new mom doesn’t stop Haylie from entertaining! She uses and food and fun to get people together at her home during the holiday season. She was kind enough to take time out of her busy life to share some her personal recipes, entertaining tips and heart-warming family traditions with us!
HAYLIE DUFF DISHES ON HOLIDAY ENTERTAINING:
- Preparing Thanksgiving dinner is definitely a family affair in the Duff household. We all have assigned roles to contribute to the meal so it makes the day even more special because we’re spending time in the kitchen, creating something together.
- Wine is always the go-to hostess gift during the holiday season. Think outside the bottle this year! Try gifting something the entire family can enjoy together – a fondue set, a fun board game, or a cook book that also serves as a coffee table book. I love shopping at T.J.Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods stores because they have such great finds and unique gifts.
- A holiday-themed centerpiece is an excellent way to dress your table for the holidays because it serves as a focal point for your meal. It can be a simple display of gold and silver candles, or something more elaborate involving garland, ornaments, florals, and even fruits and vegetables.
- If table-scaping has you overwhelmed with possibilities, it can be helpful to first select a theme. Into the Woods, Merry Metallics, Gilded Traditions– whatever you choose, follow your theme through from the napkin holders and place cards, to the centerpiece and tablecloth. One of the reasons why I love shopping at T.J.Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods stores is because I can always find unique finds perfect for the look and feel I decide to go for.
- Adorning your bedroom with a few decorations of its own will make your entire home feel even more festive. A glass vase of poinsettias, a miniature tree, or holiday flannel sheets for the kids’ beds are all great ways to spread holiday cheer throughout the whole house.
- I love how scents can trigger certain memories, and want to create Holiday memories for all who visit my home. Burning scented candles, freshly baked cookies, warm apple cider or a turkey roasting in the oven are some great ways to create a seasonal aroma that will ensure to evoke memories of time spent with family.
- Every year on Christmas Eve, my husband and I exchange one gift, and it’s always the same: a Christmas ornament for our tree! We try to pick one out for each other that holds some significance from the year we’ve had. I always look forward to that gift exchange because the ornaments bring back wonderful memories from the past year. It’s a tradition that I cherish even more now that we are also selecting ornaments for Ryan, too!
Making Meaningful Moments Contest!
From Nov 14 – Nov 18, T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods is inviting their Twitter followers to share how T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Haylie Duff can help you bring back the holidays.
Use #bringbacktheholidays and #contest in your tweet to enter for a chance to be one of 10 lucky people who will get to travel home for the Holidays. In addition, TJX will reward them with a Holiday Family Care Package to ensure they can make the most of their time together this festive season. Don’t wait, go enter right now!
Haylie Duff’s recipe for…
ORANGE MAPLE GINGER CHICKEN
- 1 whole 4 lb organic chicken
- 1 large orange
- 1 head of garlic, divided
- 1-2″ piece of ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 large bunch of chervil
- 2 Tbsp softened butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spatchcock one organic whole chicken and dry both sides well. (If needed)
- Lightly brush both sides with butter or olive oil. Shower underneath on chicken with kosher salt & black pepper. On a baking tray, build a bed of sliced oranges, chervil & garlic cloves. Lay chicken(skin side up) across the top, completely covering all aromatics. Grate ginger on a microplane and generously rub all over and under skin. Repeat with 4 cloves of pressed garlic. Brush softened buttered across and under skin of chicken. In a small mixing bowl, combine maple syrup, 2T orange juice & 1T orange zest, pour across the top of chicken shower with kosher salt & black pepper.Roast chicken 45 minutes or until thickest part of breast reaches 165 degrees. Let chicken rest 10 minutes before carving.