There is no cure for COVID-19, and it may be a while before we see the end of this pandemic. Keeping your general health in top condition, however, is critical to staving off other illnesses, such as colds and influenza. Doctors recommend that you find ways to boost your immune system all year long.
Boost Your Immune System With Foods
Certain foods have been found to increase your immunity to some common illnesses.
- Fresh fruits and veggies that are high in vitamin C, such as citrus fruits, strawberries, kale, and spinach, can boost the immune system. Eat 2 to 3 servings per day.
- Colorful vegetables and fruits with a high content of vitamin A, including sweet potatoes, cantaloupe, beetroot, and carrots, also contain antioxidants. Include 2 or 3 servings of these foods in your diet as well.
- Garlic contains an active compound that helps fight bacterial and viral infections. Try adding raw garlic to many of your dinner choices.
- Mushrooms have been known for centuries to increase immunity in the body.
- Protein is also great for your immune system. Fatty fish contains vitamin D, which can strengthen your immunity. Legumes, oysters, and nuts contain zinc, which is known for its immune-boosting qualities.
- Yogurt that is rich in probiotics can boost your immune system as well. Choose plain yogurt to avoid extra sugar, and add in some fresh berries for flavor.
Increase the Body’s Immunity With Exercise
Research has shown that moderate exercise can increase the body’s immune system response and increase the production of cells that can attack bacteria. Regular, moderate exercise has shown to improve long-term health and boost your immune system. Starting a good exercise program like Xtend Pilates on Openfit can benefit your health and your physical appearance.
Select Products To Boost Your Immune System
There are times when you need to boost your immune system to defend against viruses and bacteria. In those circumstances, it’s important to find additional immune system support. It’s best to stay away from prescription medications, such as antibiotics, unless highly recommended by your doctor. The body builds up resistance to antibiotics over time, thus having little benefit if taken even once in a while.
Choosing homeopathic remedies is a smart way to reduce cold and flu symptoms and also a great way to help you with avoiding Covid-19. These remedies can safely fight off the daily germs that cause runny noses and congestion, fever, cough, and other unpleasant symptoms of colds and flu.
You can’t totally avoid germs, but with a little tender loving care you can boost your immune system, you can reduce the likelihood of getting sick by making some wise decisions.