Gold, platinum and silver! These are the three metals that are popular options for jewelry. But, don’t you think that these have become overrated? Yes, they have. Now, you need to find some other kinds of metal that may be unconventional, but, look awesome! There are few options that most people overlook, but you should not, if you want to create something unique and offbeat. Why conform? When you can stand out!
Did you know that even promise rings and other parts of the world are being forged from out of the box metals? No? Well, you should! Do not have any idea, which metal options are gaining popularity as rings? We are here to help you!
What Alternative Materials For Rings Are Being Used?
May it be a wedding band or an everyday ring; there are numerous metals that are gaining popularity like the Damascus steel rings. It is your personal choice! Here are the most popular six types of metals that have topped the chart of choice:
- Palladium: Have you seen white gold or platinum? Well, palladium looks exactly like that! The good news (or rather great news) is that it costs much less. Get a palladium ring and it will be our little secret that the ring is actually made of palladium and not the more expensive metals. The good news does not stop there! This metal is hypoallergenic as well. Confused? Well, to cut the long story short if you are allergic to most metals, make your jewelry from this metal! You will be safe.
- Titanium: This low-density metal is apt for light jewelry. It is highly durable and crack resistant, so you can wear it on a regular basis without risk of dents and cracks. You can get your jewelry in a variety of colors. The options include, black, grey and silver. If you have a wedding band made of this metal, just forget any fear of damaging it!
- Damascus steel: How can a metal famous for knives create beautiful rings? Well, you need not worry about that, because the rings look marvelous! Why? Rings made of Damascus steel offer a certain uniqueness that no other metal can offer. This is because of the method used in forging the metal itself. Numerous layers of different metals are used to forge the alloy, creating unique patterns. Just imagine — a unique ring that no one else has! Excited? Well, get your Damascus steel ring from stores like Perkin Knives!
- Stainless Steel: Sounds tacky? Well, no it isn’t! It is the image of affordability and unbelievable strength. From being scratch resistant to tarnish resistance, stainless steel is one of the most affordable metals (in jewelry industry). There are a variety of finishes and colors like silver, white, black and so many more.
- Cobalt: Many people may feel that cobalt is a recent addition to the jewelry industry. But, the fact is that it has been used in the jewelry industry for a long time; even since the ancient times. This metal is scratch resistant and crack resistant as well. The appearance is similar to platinum. So, let’s keep it a secret. If someone asks you, just say that it is platinum! The look on their face will be priceless when you break the news (if you want to)!
- Tungsten: Shocked? How could something that is used in bulbs be used for jewelry?! The high melting point makes the rings the most durable. Own one and be amazed at how long the shine lasts. Just one thing; the tungsten rings cannot be re-sized. So, be sure about the size you choose!
Who knew that these everyday metals could be such a great metal for rings?! Whether you are looking for wedding bands or a promise ring in UK, try one of these metals and amaze your partner/fiancée.
There are many stores that specialize in a certain type of metal or have a wide collection of all the metal options. Why use the most common jewelry metals, when you have so many choices? Make your unique mark and pick something from the top engagement ring trends. You can even find something that matches your wedding theme. Check out the top contemporary wedding themes for ideas. Choose the one that suits your style and amaze the world.