What do you do to protect your home from being broken into? Every minute, around four homes are broken into in America, the latest report by FBI suggests. But you can keep your home protected with the right home security apps. And more importantly, you don’t even need to buy a home security gadget always.
If you are planning to upgrade your smartphone, you can turn your old one into a safety device. It’s easier than you think to use your old Wi-Fi enabled phones as home security cameras. It’s possible to use your smart phone as a home security system by installing home security apps that are easy, smart and cost-effective.
It is a nice way of utilizing your old gadget by just installing some home security apps. Let’s understand how these apps can help you.
- It keeps an eye on everyone: You can download the app on two devices. One can serve as a camera and the other as a monitor. You can set up the devices in places on which you want to keep an eye on for safety and security reasons like the front door, main gate or living room, etc. You can then use the other phone to monitor the camera feed live. It is used to prevent robbery.
- Works in a two-way audio and video system: You don’t have to be in front of the camera 24/7.There is a motion detection feature which will send you an alarm if anything moves in front of the camera. It will send you a 5 second video clip via email on your phone. You can make checks at your home by using the two-way audio and video system.
- Cost-effective system: It saves you money. You don’t have to bother to install a new home security system. It might be very heavy for your pocket. All you need to do is to install an app on your smartphone device and voila, you are ready to go. It doesn’t require you to spend a huge amount on the security system; you just need to download the app that will help you to make your phone work like a security camera.
- Gives you control through monitoring: a good app when downloaded and working as a security device gives you a control on the home even if you are not present as it monitors and keeps an eye on against theft and robbery. It enables you to take a tab of the situation and lead a risk and tension free life.
- Strengthens safety and security: A good security app can make your life a whole lot easier because it doesn’t involve the risk of any robbery or theft when no alarms are fixed. Today, the situation has changed as the security app on your phone can work as a very good safety device using your smartphone services like Wi-Fi.
Home security apps are a must today – be sure to install the right one to protect your home from intruders and trespassers.