Ho Chi Minh City or Saigon is a shoppers’ paradise. By far, the largest city in Vietnam, this is the spot to be at for all those who are shopping freaks. After all, there are so many malls and great places to shop in Saigon. Shopping activity is indeed the highlight of this fascinating city and the perfect spot to vacation too!
The demanding fashion connoisseur can explore the latest international fashion brands and look for bespoke items in the local markets for a variety of shopping experiences.
Hundreds and thousands of locals and tourists make sway from Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh Saigon or from Hanoi to Saigon in search of that thrilling and unique shopping experience. You can reach Saigon via bus or train, and all you need to ensure that you make a booking via a reliable booking site.
Here are 12 smart shopping tips for the shopaholics who are getting ready for shopping in Saigon.
- Ben Thanh Market is lively and fun to be at all throughout the day and night. You can shop for clothing, apparel, souvenirs as well as enjoy delectable bites at the street food stalls.
- Vincom Center is the largest shopping mall where you can look for international fashion houses and high-end brands like Hugo Boss, Ralph Lauren, and Hermes.
- If you are looking for Buddhist culture and opulent Chinese architecture, head for the Bin Tay Market. You will love the vibrant atmosphere of the market that sells fascinating handicrafts, textiles, lacquerware, and fresh produce.
- For those interested in fashion with taste and well within their budget can hit the boutique fashion stores when shopping in Saigon. You are sure to find something that meets your style s well as budget.
- Saigon Square is perfect for the bargain hunters, and one can shop for shoes, handbags, apparel, textiles, luggage, jewelry, and more. Browse the place before shopping for good bargains.
- Saigon Flea Market is another interesting spot for the shopaholics, Well known as the ‘Market of Artists, it is here where you can browse and shop for local handicrafts and vintage clothes made by artisans and the community.
- Khaisilk is a popular name when shopping in Saigon if you want modern designs and luscious silk fabrics. Set in the Dong Khoi Street, you can shop for requisite handbags, dresses scarves, and bedsheets at Khaisilk.
- Another interesting venue for the shoppers is Hello Weekend Market, where one can shop for home décor, beauty products, clothing, and more. You can look for the brands that are more popular with the locals here.
- The first Japanese department to open in Saigon is Takashimaya Vietnam. The store quickly captured public attention when it first opened and has dominated the shopping scene ever since.
- Parkson Plaza is a vast shopping complex that lures avid shoppers and comprises of international-standard department stores. Here you can shop for upmarket brands like Calvin Klein, Coach, Clinique, Esprit, Bobbi Brown, and more.
- An Dong Market is a wholesaler fashion market for the locals. However, you can also shop for local handicrafts in lacquer and woodwork made by skilled artisans.
- For those interested in shopping for art can browse different art galleries in Saigon on Dong Khoi Street. Here you can browse the world’s leading modern art as well as reproductions of famous paintings.
You have to be in Saigon to experience the market scene, and it has already become a major tourist trap. When it comes to shopping, you will find so many more hidden spots for that makes the shopping experience even more fun. There are international standard stores where men and women can shop for high-end fashion, the latest cosmetics, and exotic perfumes.
You can have a great experience shopping in Saigon with the above tips! Make sure you’ve saved up your pennies so you can go wild when you get there!