A wedding dress is an exceptional piece of clothing that a woman dreams of wearing since childhood. It represents a woman’s identity and signifies the start of a new life journey. However, standardized norms of beauty and body shape used to restrict many ladies from attaining their dream bridal gowns.
Fortunately, the body positivity movement, popularized in the early 2000s, has changed the lives and future of women across the globe. With this, the fashion industry has fully embraced the diverse beauty concept. One of the most popular trends that empower women nowadays is the creation of plus size wedding dresses that come in various styles. The wide array of choices available for women in multiple sizes results in a more positive body image and stronger self-love among females.
Choosing the Best Style for You
The fashion industry is now supporting this feminist cause by offering collections of plus size wedding dresses that cater to women of all sizes and shapes. Here are some guidelines when shopping.
- A-line structured dresses are flattering on all body sizes. Also, if you want a more conservative look with more coverage, you should opt for this style.
- The dropped waist design is a popular trend mainly because it accentuates body curves and makes you look voluptuously sexy. It highlights the fullness of your hips and carves out your waist.
- A trumpet wedding dress is highly effective for brides that have full figures because its flare design that starts at mid-thigh underscores your hip and waist proportion. Moreover, testimonies declare that it is very comfortable to wear.
- If you want to show off your bust, choose a style that has a built-in corset on it. Further, it is not only aesthetically pleasing, but it can provide full support to your body parts as well.
- A high-low hem creates a silhouette that induces a dramatic and distinct effect. Besides, this feature flaunts off your legs, which gives off a taller and leaner illusion.
- High-neckline clothes induce a softer aura. The long line it creates shows off an appropriate portion of your chest, which makes you look sexier and more feminine.
- Brides who want to prioritize comfort and convenience should choose bridal jumpsuits as their outfit. Not only does it bring out a millennial vibe, but it can also provide the right structure and ample support that can accentuate your physical assets.
Additional Tips When Shopping
Here are some pieces of advice that you can consider when shopping.
- If your dream dress is not available in stores, you can go to a tailor to customize it.
- Look for the ones that have a ruched pattern because it is more artistic and unique.
- The gown should contain coordinated and consistent fabrics and materials.
- The best fabrics are taffeta, organza, lace, and duchess satin, especially for plus size brides.
- Always opt for the dress and accessories that represent your personality and preferences.
- Take into consideration the weather if you are having a destination wedding.
Clothing lines and brands are now taking part in advancing feminist movements through their versatile options. This initiative has significantly contributed to a more accepting and positive social perspective on the female body. Therefore, women should maximize this great fashion revolution and consider the guidelines and tips on choosing the best plus size wedding gown.