Follow your intuition and trust your gut when it comes to decorating your home. With the right amount of inspiration, anyone can decorate their own home on a budget. No matter what your style sense is, your home should be pleasing to you since you are the one that has to ultimately live there!
Here are a few home décor tips to give that fashionable touch to your lovely home.
- Don’t overcrowd your home: You love a number of decoration pieces and want them all in your living room. But is there breathing space for the pieces and other furniture items, previously placed in the living room? Yes, your furniture even needs some breathing space so that your living room looks classy, and not a dumped overcrowded room with no space for the humans to get inspired. TIP: Don’t buy cheap pieces and fill your living room with a lot of them. It’s better to get fewer but better quality pieces. It will look elegant and, at the same time, the room will not look stuffed. Remember “Less is more!”
- Check the height: Your room might have soaring ceilings, but that does not mean that you hang artwork according to the structure’s scale. Keep it to a level that is acceptable to the human eye, at around 57-60 inches. Keeping it too high, you can spoil the amusement and people will try to ignore that piece of art. So, keep it on an average height.
- Arranging furniture on a rug: You can do it in a number of ways, but it is suggested that with a small room, you keep all legs off. This will be a cost-effective choice and will feel good. Here, picking too small a rug is not suggested because it will look insignificant. Again, with a textured or a larger solid rug, if you are layering a pattern, you can choose this approach. With a larger rug, you can fit in all furniture legs on top of it to get a luxurious feel. To get a feel of openness, the front feet of all seating pieces should be put on the rug.
- Don’t go for a theme: Themes look good in parks and parties. Your room needs something that boosts of individuality. Such themes have been used by a number of people and visitors are bored of appreciating the popular themes they see everywhere. So, resist the urge and get the themes out of your mind.
- Modifications: The collectibles should find a spot for themselves. If it is affecting the room’s perfection, find a new place for it, outside the room (or outside your home). The intention is not to be rude to a gift, but to beautify your room. Let the editing session go on till you don’t find the perfection, you are looking for. Look for a number of pieces on the Internet too, to get an idea. If you find something interesting and want to buy it, visit chameleonjohn.com before buying it. You might find a discount coupon to make your purchase cheaper.
- Focal point: Like production, design your prime room in a manner that the focus is completely on it. Other rooms should look good too, but let them enjoy a secondary role. If every room is trying to lead, it will result in visual noise and will spoil the look of your home, in entirety.
The focal point can be a headboard in the bedroom or an art piece in the living room or a dramatic hood in the kitchen, but it should draw attention of everyone who is visiting that particular room.
- Positioning the focal point: Positioning it across the entrance of the room will make a great impact. It will be the first thing a visitor will see when they enter the room. In some cases, if the passage is long and the room’s door is open, one will be able to see it from a reasonable distance too.
- Imagine the spot: If you like an item in the store, wait! Don’t just go forward and write a check to buy it. Vary the scale. Do you think it will look good in your room? Do you have enough space for it or will it demand an outgo of another important item? Ask yourself these questions before planning to buy it at first look.
- Lighting layers: In most of the cases, people miss out on having the perfect effect to display their artwork. Don’t spoil its look. Have enough lighting so that your artwork is highlighted. If you are planning to buy some for your home, don’t miss out on surfing chameleonjohn.com. You will find suitable online coupons so that you can buy an expensive item that does not create holes in your pockets.
- Make It Perfect: If you don’t try, you will probably be stuck with something you don’t like. So, try other items and let the best piece fit in there. After all, you are not here to copy someone. Make your own statement and let people appreciate your efforts. Remember, your personality will make up for a perfect setting in your home. You are in control of each and every spot on your home. Use this opportunity and come up with something that no one has thought of. Talking about experiments, you can add an element of drama too. This will help you make your room lively. You can have a chandelier or a bookshelf or something else. But keep it classy. Let everyone entering the room say, WOW!
- Paint: This should be the last item that should blink in your mind. Why? Because once you finalize your items, you need to be sure that the room does not look stupid mix of not-at-all matching mixes. However, for this, some argue that once the paint is selected, they would choose their items accordingly. That is a terrible idea because you can change the color of the paint, but you cannot change the color of your choice of furniture items. So, choose the paint at the end. You can also consider doing your own painted wallpaper (shown below) if you really want to mix things up!