If you are in the enviable position of building your dream home, there is indeed much to consider. Your choice of building materials will very much decide how much durability your new dwelling will have and there is a wide range of flooring materials that might be best suited for your needs. From solid hardwood to elegant marble, the list of possible flooring materials is very long, and with that in mind, here is a brief overview of the materials that are commonly used for domestic flooring.
Dream Home Flooring Choices
- Solid Hardwood – We all love the look and feel of solid hardwood flooring and if your budget stretches that far, an oak, walnut or ash solid hardwood flooring will give you many years of trouble-free use. Whatever the species of hardwood you prefer, it is a good idea to approach an established flooring contractor, who would have an extensive range of hardwood flooring materials to choose from. The great thing about solid hardwood flooring is it can be resurfaced with some sanding, giving you a new surface every few years and with the right preservative and coating, solid hardwood flooring is the one that stands the test of time.
- Engineered Flooring – If you love the look and feel of solid hardwood, yet your budget is a little on the low side, engineered flooring is the perfect solution. The outer layer is, in fact, real wood and with a multi-layer core, you have all the benefits of solid wood, but at a much-reduced price. There are established companies that offer
flooringin Canberra and other Australian cities and with engineered boards that come in a wide range of finishes, you have the ideal flooring that won’t break the bank.
- Luxury Vinyl Tile Flooring – LVT has taken the flooring industry by storm, as it has all the properties of real hardwood at a significantly lower price. Each tile has a special cork backing affixed to the underside, making for a soft and silent walking experience and the wide range of finishes allows you to select something suitable for your home.
- Laminate Flooring – Much like LVT, laminate flooring is a composite material that is every bit as durable as hardwood and if you are looking for a stunning floor at an affordable price, dream home laminate is for you. Ask any experienced flooring contractor about the amazing qualities of laminate flooring and they will confirm that this composite material is as good as it gets. It’s also one of the top home design trends for 2018.
- Hybrid Flooring – Recently developed, hybrid flooring is a combination of vinyl and laminate, making for a very strong and durable floor that looks and feels like solid wood. As with other composite flooring materials, hybrid flooring comes in stunning wood, stone and slate finishes, making it one of the most popular choices.
If you are looking for the right dream home flooring material, an online search will put you in touch with a local flooring contractor who can help you to make the right choice.