What better way to start a chilly October morning than with a nice, hot bowl of Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal?! This delicious fall comfort food is made even more comforting with pumpkin pie spices, pumpkin puree, cranberries (optional) and brown sugar. If you really want to impress the kids, top with whipped cream so they actually think they are getting pumpkin pie for breakfast!
This is as simple as making regular oatmeal, just… yummier!
My kids (10,7 and 3) love this oatmeal, as do I. It’s become apart of our weekly breakfast repertoire during the fall months. Not only is it healthy, gluten free, and will keep your tummy full, but it’s easy to make too!
Let’s get started…
- 3 cups of Oats (I prefer Bob's Mills Quick Cooking Oats)
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of milk (I prefer unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (approx ½ can)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup of dried cranberries or raisins
- 1½ teaspoons of Pumpkin Pie Spice (I prefer Trader Joe's)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- whipped cream
- Bring the water and milk to a slow boil
- Add salt and oats to water, reduce heat and cook for 3-5 minutes
- Add remaining ingredients, minus whipped cream, and cook for an additional minute or two
- Remove from heat and let stand for 1-2 minutes
- You can add additional milk if you want a thinner consistency
- Portion into bowls and serve with whipped cream on top!
Let us know how your pumpkin pie oatmeal turns out!