Just in time for summer, we get the new Arnold/Brownberry/Oroweat Nutty Grain Health-full Bread. This not-quite-diet bread has big, bold nutty flavor that will help you keep your body bathing suit-ready without sacrificing on size or taste. Forget fancy diets, just change your bread!
Typical diet breads are 40- to 50-calories a slice and half the size of regular bread. Health-full is 80 calories a slice, yet the same size as regular bread – which in general is 110 to 120 calories a slice! And more, Nutty Grain is an excellent source of fiber, has 8g of whole grain per slice and 5g of protein to help satisfy your hunger.
This bread makes AWESOME sandwiches. It’s soft, has a great flavor, goes well with sweet or savory items and it all around my new favorite bread. I made sandwiches with it yesterday… Turkey, mayo, fresh tomatoes from my garden, fresh lettuce from my Uncle’s garden, provolone cheese and Arnold Nutty Grain Health-full Bread!
YUMMY!!! I am just smitten! I definitely recommend you try this bread. Look for it on your next shopping trip! And here are….
Some easy, healthy recipes to try…
Whole Grain Vegetable Sandwich
· 4 slices Arnold/Brownberry/Oroweat Nutty Grain Health-full Bread
· 1 avocado, mashed
· 1 tomato, sliced
· 1 small cucumber, sliced
· 1/4 c. Spanish onion, thinly sliced
· 2 tsp. light mayonnaise
· Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Serving size: 2 sandwiches
Evenly spread the mashed avocado on two slices of bread and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread one teaspoon mayonnaise on each of the remaining two slices of bread. Add the tomato, cucumber and onion to make two sandwiches. Serve immediately.
Curry Mayo and Apple
· 2 slices Arnold/Brownberry/Oroweat Nutty Grain Health-full Bread
· Smoked turkey
· Curry mayonnaise (mix curry to taste)
· 1 small apple, thinly sliced
· 1 avocado, thinly sliced
Spread curry mayonnaise on one slice of bread. Layer remaining ingredients between the slices of bread.
* The product for this review was provided to us free of charge for the purpose of product testing. This does not effect our opinion of the products in any way. We only write about products we personally like and use, regardless of how they were acquired.