Birthday parties are fun. I mean, everyone loves a good birthday party! Not only is there cake and presents, but kid’s parties have all kinds of fun stuff for kids to enjoy too. As a parent, you boost the self-esteem of your child when you celebrate his or her birthday every year. It is this day you make them feel like kings and queens. Birthdays are one of the best days of your child’s life. When they grow older and become adults, they will remember these special moments fondly!
How To Plan A Child’s Birthday Party
As a parent, you want to make every birthday party of your child unique each year. This is not a one-day affair. It takes planning. If your child is reaching a milestone like 1 year, 5 years, 18 years, etc., it is apparent that you want to make the affair big. This is where you need a party planner to help you. When it comes to celebrating the birthday party of little kids, you must prepare months in advance. There are many small details to look into. The key being your kids and his or her friends should have a good time.
When it comes to planning a party for your kid’s party, the following are some of the essential points you should consider-
- The theme of the party- most parents, like to think of a unique theme to focus the decorations, colors, invitations, and games on. This theme needs to engage the child and his or her friends. Check what your child likes. Take his or her interests into account. The theme could be one of the sports, dolls, dinosaurs, superheroes, etc. Think about what your child will be excited about and plan the theme accordingly.
- Invitations and guests- Now if your child is in pre-school, you should draft the invitations and guest lists. However, if your child is older, he or she should be consulted. The child should be eager to have the guests around. You may opt for store invitation cards, or if you have an older child, you may help him, or she makes invitations from paper. Several items can be creatively used for you and your child to make attractive invitations. The common items you can use are dolls, computer templates, pieces of the puzzle, etc. The invitation should be in sync with the theme. The date, place and time should be mentioned in the invitation card. In case, you want parents to accompany the child to your kid’s birthday party, mention that as well. If you plan to have an outdoor party where you will be near a pool, you may mention your guests to bring a swimsuit along with them.
- Venue- The venue of the party is vital. At times, your home might be too small for you to hold the party for your child. There are many off-site options you may opt for. This also saves you from cleaning up space when children and guests leave the party. If you research in the region where you live, you will find many halls and kid-friendly places that host parties for children. You may contact the authorities there and book the venue for your child. However, if you have a younger child below the age of 5 years, it is prudent for you to host the party at home. Younger children get scared when they are in unfamiliar surroundings. If your child is older than five years, opt for a venue that is big enough for him or her to play with friends.
- Decorations- You might have chosen the theme but do you have the decorations in sync with the theme. There are kids party planner experts to help you if you are struggling with the decorations and theme of the party. It pays off when you become creative. You can use simple home items and create a theme. This will excite the child. You can think of an innovative idea where you can convert the venue into a national park with animals.
- Entertainment- You must ensure the guests and your kid is entertained. If you have a group of very young children under the age of 5 years, they generally will become very bored if the show goes on for over 45 minutes. Some of them might start crying especially if they are frightened. They might be scared among strangers. So, you can ask a family member whom the child knows to entertain the little guests. This helps you stay within your budget as you do not have to hire special entertainers for the show.
- Ask for help- do not try to arrange everything on your own. Ask for help. You may ask your family and friends to help you with the preparations. The party might be enjoyable however once-over; you are alone to clean up the mess. It does make sense for you to request for help. In case, you are arranging a big party for your child; you may hire professional companies to help you with the party preparations. They offer affordable packages for you. You may opt for one that meets and matches your budget.
- Food- The food is important when you are hosting a kid’s party. If the party is for a short duration, ice cream and cake will suffice. However, if you are hosting a birthday party, ensure the cake is the focal point of attention. Young children look forward towards the cake, and they want to eat the piece with the most decorations and frosting. Traditionally, the birthday kid gets the first piece of cake. Therefore, when you are ordering the cake, ensure the decorations and frosting are equally distributed. If a child does not get a part of the decoration or the frosting, chances are he or she will land up crying. If you are hosting a party with ice cream, ensure you have more than one flavor. Little children are generally picky eaters, and they often like ice cream over cake. Older adults can help you when it comes to distributing the cake and the ice cream among children.
- Budget- Remember that to make a party for your child successful, you do not have to spend a fortune on it at all. This is just a party for your child and his or her friends. You do not have to invest in fireworks to make the gala party a memorable event. Kids love to have fun and play together. This is why they need. Give them toys and space. Allow them to run around and allow them to be themselves. Money is not always necessary to make the kid’s party a success. Children need to be entertained. Plan your budget well in advance before the party.
- Dealing with other siblings- It may be your kid’s party. However, this does not mean you ignore his or her siblings. Brothers and sisters wish to be part of the preparations. Do not send them out to the neighbors to play while you make arrangements for the party. If the siblings are older than five years, you can ask them to have one special friend over. They can play together in a separate room or simply help out in the party. They can collect the presents and keep it in a corner, take the coats of guests, etc. Most siblings love to be a part of the party and make their brother or sister feel special on their birthday.
- Expect anything- You never know what might happen at a party, it is prudent for you to expect the unexpected. This helps you to keep problems and chaos away. There are kids, and some of them might throw tantrums. Arrange for an adult member to take the child away so that the other kids d not meltdown. Always keep tissues, ice, and band-aids handy when you have kids running and playing around. There can be slips and falls anytime. In case you have pets, it is prudent to keep them away from the celebrations. No matter how gentle they are, kids or other guests might get frightened. Likewise, some pets are scared of small children especially the naughty ones that pull tails or deliberately step on their paws.
It is always prudent for you to have a backup plan in case the first plan fails. Do not focus on having a spotless house when you have kids around. In fact, they do not even bother if the bathroom is not sparkling clean or the pillows are not on the bed. Kids just want to run around and have fun. Let them enjoy the day. You too should not fuss over small details. Let your hair down and enjoy watching your child play with his or her group of friends.
Make sure you keep away all harmful things from the room. They must be out of the reach of kids. Therefore, when it comes to planning for your child’s birthday party, do not freak out. The process becomes a smooth and hassle-free one if you follow the tips listed above! There are also plenty of budget-friendly birthday party ideas out there so you can have fun without breaking the bank!