Have you ever wondered what your real shape is and why you keep buying the wrong types of clothing? It can be difficult for the array of ever-changing body shapes. A rule of thumb to stick to is making sure your clothes balance your body shape and make you feel confident and comfortable, even if you don’t have a picture perfect bikini body. By exploring the different types of body shapes, it will help you find the perfect solution to your wardrobe woes. Take a look at the most common body shapes and give some thought to which you fit into, as this will help you make some positive style choices when selecting any new outfits.
Hourglass ladies have a figure that has a fuller bosom, curvy hips, and a slimmer waist. Possibly one of the most sought after shapes to be, this figure benefits from clothing such as:
- Structured jackets as they will give you definition and provide a clean nip at the waist to accentuate this feature.
- Clinched waist belts highlight a slimmer waist and short prom dresses are ideal for tiny waists and accentuating curves, click here to find out more.
- Peplum style is perfect to enhance your curves and define your features.
Apple ladies have a shape that again has a fuller bosom but this time a rounder tummy and smaller hips. Dressing for this shape means highlighting your assets and taking the attention away from broader areas, perfect clothing for this is:
- Scooped and cowl necklines as they again accentuate an ample bosom but not over the top.
- Wide legged trousers will balance out a heavy top frame.
Pear shapes have a figure that has a smaller bosom and narrow shoulders, but they also have a larger bottom area (hips, bum, and thighs). This shape will need to balance out the shoulders so below are some solutions to this:
- Wide strap tops balance your figure but be wary they do not cut off at the hips, as this will highlight the broader hip area.
- Halterneck dresses are a lovely way to balance out a heavier bottom half; the neckline gives your shoulders some attention and makes them appear wider.
This shape has minimal curves and quite an athletic physique. Ladies with this shape possibly would like to accentuate curvier parts of their body, and these suggestions show you how:
- Asymmetric lines and pleat detail will give the illusion of curves and help create an ultra-feminine look.
- Sweetheart necklines will also create an illusion of a larger bosom thus adding to your curves.
Everyone is different, so by making sure you buy the right clothing for your style and body shape is vital for feeling confident in your own skin. Many people get fixated on the sizing, but you’ll find every shop of different, so you’ll never be the same size in different retailers. By seeing past this number, you will start to see a huge difference in how you shop for clothing and choose things based on comfort, style and ultimately your confidence.