Curtains are back in style and more affordable than ever! Take a look in all the latest Home Decor magazines like Better Homes & Gardens, Elle Decor or House Beautiful and you’ll see pages of beautiful lust-worthy homes dripping with gorgeous drapes.
While blinds increased in popularity and have become increasing more accessible for the past decade, they aren’t always the best option for all your rooms.
Here are 5 reasons why I think curtains are better than blinds…
- Nice drapes will last years and years if you take care of them right. They can also be moved from house to house or used in different rooms when the mood strikes. However, blinds can not. Once you get those things cut to fit you window and installed, you aren’t going to want to move them again. Big investment and not very versatile.
- Curtains give endless opportunities and options! Different fabrics, colors, styles and more! You can add bold personality and pizazz just by changing up the curtains. You can’t do that with blinds!
- Curtains are way more affordable than blinds! You can get good looking, quality curtains online from stores like Swags Galore or in stores like Target for around $15 a panel! At that price you can afford to get new curtains whenever the mood strikes you.
- Because they look pretty! Plus they add texture to the room. So many different materials to choose from including room darkening curtains or lined curtains to keep the heat in.
- Curtains are easier to clean! If you get inexpensive, unlined curtains, they are a breeze to clean. Most can be throw into the washing machine on the delicate cycle, line dried and then run over them with a warm iron if needed. Blinds are a pain to clean! I’ve been procrastinating doing mine for a month because I am planning to drag them outside and spray them with the hose. Ugh. Curtains are way easier to clean!
Which do you prefer, curtains or blinds? Tell us in the comments!
Don’t forget to enter for a chance to win $100 SHOPPING SPREE to SwagsGalore.com from June 25th until July 20th, 2013. Click here to enter!