People have used natural ingredients for centuries because the healing properties have had a positive impact on their health and well-being. due to changes in our environment that have resulted in an accumulation of toxins in our air, soil, and water, more people are choosing organic products to improve their health. One way to embrace a healthy lifestyle is to use organic products for skin care.
Vegan-friendly skin care products are all natural, chemical and non-preservative, and do not adversely affect the environment. The natural organic properties of skin care products help diminish the signs of aging, rejuvenate and replenish the skin with vitamins and minerals and naturally moisturize leaving the skin soft and supple.
Organic skin care products are better for the environment because they are made without pesticides, synthetic preservatives, chemicals, mineral oil, animal by-products, artificial colors and fragrances, and other toxic substances.
When choosing an organic skin care product, it is important to read the label. They must declare that they are 100% vegan, without cruelty and that they do not contain chemicals and additives. natural ingredients to look for include rosemary, sage, seaweed extract, honey, vitamins and minerals, apricot, coconut oil, mango, vegetable extracts, avocado, distilled water, safflower oil, pure spring water, witch hazel, bee pollen, hazelnut oil, pink grapefruit, papaya, and aloe vera.
Synthetic ingredients that will tell you that the product is not organic include:
- Petrolatum / Paraffin / mineral oil: As by-products of crude oil, mineral oil blocks the absorption of vital vitamins and essential nutrients into the skin. It also blocks dirt and debris from coming out of the skin. Any mineral oil derivative can be filled with cancerous Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (Pahs). Mineral oil derivatives include liquid Paraffin, Paraffin oil, and Paraffin wax.
- Parabens: These are harmful chemicals. look for the prefix methyl, propyl, butyl, and ethyl. They are petroleum based and can cause skin irritation and other reactions. Parabens are thought to alter estrogen levels and there is a concern that they increase the risk of breast cancer. The types of parabens include propylparaben, methylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, ethylparaben, and benzylparaben.
- Phthalates: These are chemicals that can leak from plastics. They are toxic, carcinogenic and have been associated with infertility.
- Sodium lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and ammonium lauryl Sulfate: These are chemical foaming agents that have been associated with health conditions like PMS, menopausal symptoms, cell membrane damage and damage to the immune system. They may also be linked to an increased risk of cancer, such as breast cancer.
- Isopropyl alcohol: This product dries the skin and may cause premature aging of the skin.
- FD & C colored pigments: These substances are filled with heavy metal salts that penetrate the skin. As the synthetic colors made of coal tar, studies have revealed these substances as being carcinogenic.
When you research the chemicals found in manufactured skin care products by referring to websites like https://www.clarins.com.sg/my-clarins/, it is easy to see why so many people are turning to organic skin care products. Studies have revealed that “up to 60% of what we apply to our skin can be absorbed into the bloodstream.”
If you are using non-organic skin care products, it is important to note the impact of these toxic chemicals on your body.
Organic makeup products are growing in popularity, thus offering us more options when we are on the hunt for organic lip gloss or organic liquid foundation. With companies like The Organic Skin Co. making strides to offer organic skin care and beauty products, it’s easier than ever to upgrade your beauty routine.
Vegan-friendly skin care for young adults is an ecological choice that is healthy for the planet and your skin. To ensure healthy skin care and good general health, it is advisable to replace your existing skin care chemicals with organic products if possible. Your skin will appreciate the dose of good health.
You may find that organic products cost more than chemical-laden drugstore beauty products, but your skin and your health will be much better off for it!