When the cold weather is gone and it is nice enough outside to open the windows and let the fresh air in, it is a good time to start spring cleaning. When you are ready to begin your spring cleaning, you should start with your kitchen. There are a few tips that you should follow to make the cleaning process easier and so that you can get the most out of the cleaning process. Below are some spring cleaning tips for your kitchen.
- Declutter: It is a good idea to start with a clean kitchen before the real spring cleaning begins. Wash the dishes, and get rid of anything that doesn’t belong in the kitchen.
- Tackle the Fridge: Your refrigerator is an area that needs the most attention during spring cleaning. Everything should be taken out of the refrigerator, and the expiration dates should be checked. After the refrigerator is empty, the shelves, drawers, and doors should be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
- Clean the Windows: Cleaning the windows is an important part of spring cleaning. When the windows are clean and streak free, more natural light will come into the home. The inside and the outside of the windows should be cleaned. When cleaning the windows, the window treatments should also be cleaned. If there are blinds or shades, they should be wiped down with soapy water. Also, the curtains should be taken down to be washed.
- Deep Dusting: Chances are you already dust most areas in your home. While many open areas get dusted, during spring cleaning you should dust areas that get overlooked. You should start by climbing up and dusting the ceilings, cabinet tops, ceiling fans, and door frames. If you have any art or pictures hanging on the walls, you should take it all down and dust each piece and the wall behind it before hanging it back up. This is one of the most important spring cleaning tips for your kitchen and entire home. Grab a Swiffer Starter Kit and have fun!
- Clean Out the Cupboards: During the course of a year, things in the cupboard can get unorganized. Also, you can accumulate a great deal of items, and you may not use everything. Spring cleaning is a great opportunity to get rid of all those things that you no longer need.
- Clean Up the Furniture: Spring cleaning is a great time to start cleaning up your kitchen table, kitchen chairs, counter tops, and cabinets. If there are any nicks or scratches in the woodwork, you can fill them in or sand them down and apply a new coat of stain. If you want make a slight change, you can switch out your cabinet and drawer handles. If you have the money, and your cabinets need to be refreshed, you can have them replaced with Ramsbottom kitchen!
- Clean the Spice Cabinet: You should go through your spice cabinet every year, and get rid of spices that have expired. Many spices do not have expiration dates printed on them. If it has been a year since you used something last, you should throw it away and replace it. Having a nicely organized spice rack will make cooking easier.
- Clean the Pantry: You should throw away any food that has expired. If you have any canned goods that you have had for a long time and that you don’t plan to use, you should donate them to a food pantry.
If you follow these spring cleaning tips for your kitchen, it will be neat and organized for another year.