We all do some fun and interesting things when it comes to getting ready for the beach. I know that many, MANY of these things are part of my regimen (including the mani/pedi prior to some hardcore beach time!), but Lands End collected some fun facts from a survey they did that might surprise you. Check them out!
- Slather on the Lotion – In addition to sunblock, women are slathering on moisturizer. When asked what women do to get ready for swim season, 80 percent moisturize their skin.
- Sizing Up Men – Women don’t believe men buy the wrong swimsuit size (67 percent).
- In a Crunch – More than half of women (53 percent) do stomach crunches to get ready to wear a swimsuit.
- Tune in to the Tunic – 53 percent of those surveyed believe a Tunic Cover-up is the most important swimwear accessory.
- Call the Pros – Almost nine out of ten survey respondents (89 percent) would love a complimentary professional swimsuit fitting to help them find their ideal size.
- Hands to Toes – When getting ready for swimsuit season two-thirds (66 percent) of women get a manicure and pedicure.
- Take a Wild Guess – While 12 percent of survey respondents stated they “take a wild guess” at their swimsuit size, 47 percent base it on their bra or dress size.
- Mixed Up – More than seven out of ten women have worn the wrong swim top or bottom size because they were not sold as mix-and-match separates.
- How it Measures – Two-thirds (66 percent) of women have never taken their measurements with 43 percent stating they don’t know how to do so.
Anything make the list that you weren’t expecting? Share your thoughts in the comments!