Sometimes, finding great deals has to do with when and how you shop rather than where, and beauty products are no exception.
For instance, July is the best time to buy loose certified diamonds. With no holiday season in sight, stores will be busy offering discounts and running promotions. And you won’t run out on options since everybody is selling beauty products online.
Furthermore, you don’t have to wait for someone to buy it for you. It is now trendy for women to splurge on beauty products for themselves. According to a report by De Beers, women buy over 30% of diamond jewelry sold in the U.S.
Shopping for beauty products can be exciting, especially when buying something for yourself. It’s all about visiting a store, exploring and finding a super personal product that speaks to you.
But before you go on a hunt for beauty products, here are a few tips to shop like a pro.
Consult The Salespeople
Most salespeople are professionally trained to help you. Ask them any question regarding the product you intend to buy. Make sure you understand the difference between the brand’s raw materials. Ask about which serum suits your skin texture and the lip color you should try.
Shop With A Friend
It is wise to bring a friend when shopping for beauty products. Going alone means you won’t get a second opinion from an honest person. Sometimes, you need a second eye to know that a product is too expensive for your budget. Therefore, your friend’s input ensures you get value for your hard earned money.
Look For Reviews of Beauty Products
Use your smartphone to search for reviews on the product. You’re more likely to discover how good or bad a product is by reading reviews from previous customers. Get reviews from trusted sites so that you don’t fall for paid reviews.
If the review looks good, search for the cosmetic product online to find out if you can get it at a cheaper price elsewhere. With so many sites offering free shipping, you can save a few bucks for something else.
Read The Ingredient Labels
There are so many skincare and beauty products today, knowing the ingredients used can save you from devastating side effects. For example, if you’re prone to dry skin, you should avoid products with benzoyl peroxide. It can cause worsen the dryness but works best for acne.
Most skincare products today have the following ingredients:
- Alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs): Perfect for age spots, fine lines, and irregular pigmentation but can cause sun sensitivity and mild irritation.
- Salicylic acid (beta-hydroxy acid): Best for removing dead skin and improving sun damaged skin and texture.
- Hydroquinone: Used for lightening hyperpigmentation, like dark spots and age spots.
- Kojic acid: Used for treating pigment issues and age spots.
- Retinol: Common in anti-aging skin care products and improves skin tone, texture, color, hydration levels. It also reduces wrinkles and fine lines.
- L-Ascorbic acid: Minimizes wrinkles, fine lines, and scars by stimulating collagen synthesis.
- Hyaluronic acid: Reduces aging skin and wrinkles.
- Copper Peptide: Helps to strengthen, soften and smoothens skin by stimulating collagen and elastin production.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid: Helps reduce skin damage, fine lines and gives the skin a healthy glow.
- Dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE): Reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
Know Your Undertone
When you know your skin’s undertones, finding the right cosmetic color is peaches and cream. For instance, if you have warm undertones, your foundation should be peach or yellow based. And if you have cool undertones, consider pink or neutral based foundation. It’s easy to find the right beauty products if you know your skin tone!
Enroll For Rewards Programs
Most companies have reward programs that reward you when you make purchases. If you shop frequently, don’t miss these rewards. Sometimes, you can get free products and samples to try before buying beauty products.
Ask For Samples First
Most cosmetic companies and stores are happy to send samples to potential customers. Trying a sample before committing to buying beauty products is a great way to wet your toes before splurging on an expensive skincare product that you’re allergic to.
Go Shopping Without Makeup
If you’re brave up, go shopping without wearing makeup. That way, you can test out various products at the counter. This strategy makes it easy for you to decide what to buy. Just make sure you use separate applicators for every product to reduce the risk of bacteria.
Shopping for beauty products can be challenging with so many options to choose from and multiple dealers. With these tips, you can get the right product, at the right time and at best prices. What other hacks and tricks do you use when shopping?