If you are really good at sewing, you can make your clothes yourself. This way, you can be proud to have something that is truly unique. For others, they even turn this into a livelihood, opening their own shop of handmade clothes or craft.
The most important thing, of course, is to invest in the best sewing machine for your needs. There are so many models being sold in the market today so it is important to list down what features you need choose which one model can help you with those needs.
After you have purchased your new sewing machine, here are the steps to do to use it.
1. Read the manual – Before attempting to use the machine, make sure to read the manual first. For some gadgets, you might feel more comfortable learning how to use it through hands-on experience, but that may not be a good idea with a sewing machine, especially if it you are a novice. It can be dangerous as there are needles, etc. Read the manual first so that you will know what to do.
2. Familiarize yourself with the parts of your new sewing machine – While every sewing machine has basic parts, some models may have added features that you may not aware of. For some models, there are differences in where the parts are placed so you will need to look at your manual and the sewing machine itself to be sure of the parts.
3. Put it in a proper area – Have a set area for your new sewing machine. Don’t leave the machine or its accessories (needles, thread) in just any area. If you have children or pets, they might get to it and either they get injured or it can get damaged.
4. Thread the sewing machine and the bobbin – After you have put the needle, you need thread the sewing machine. If you have an electric machine, make sure it is unplugged. You can look at the manual to see how you can thread the sewing machine. There are also tutorial videos to help out if reading the instructions still confuses you.
5. Try out the options of your new sewing machine – Make the most out of your new sewing machine and see what added features it has. Some machines have a lot of stitches so try and practice so you can use it on your projects.
6. Properly maintain the sewing machine – It’s not enough to just know how to operate your new sewing machine. You should also know how to maintain it so that you can use it for a very long time. Make sure to clean and oil the machine before you use it. The thread you use is also important so as to prevent excess lint in your new sewing machine.
With these great sewing tips, you’ll be on your way to becoming a pro in no time!