The real estate activity in India has picked up in 2015 and the residential sector has been the biggest beneficiary with several new launches happening across the country. There are many upcoming residential projects in Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Pune, Noida, Navi Mumbai, Hyderabad and other leading cities of India. The government reforms have played a key role in getting the housing market in motion. However, buying a house is one thing, but making your dream home sweet, inviting, relaxed and alluring, requires altogether different skill sets.
Here is a list of 15 quick fixes do around your house!
- You must always undertake timely repairs for your home. Remember acting on time not only saves you money, but also saves your time and energy. So next time your socket is not working, or there is a leakage in a tap or a bulb has to be replaced or an issue in your main door knob, do not delay
- Ensure that you maintain a diary or a note in your laptop that stores the numbers of your carpenters, electricians and plumbers. As far as possible have dedicated people doing their respective repair tasks
- Invest in hardware items like screw drivers, wires, drilling machine, screws, etc. This ensures that you are not completely handicapped, in case of small repairs and can do these tasks yourself instead of depending on professionals
- Always buy some extra pieces of good and unique hardware items. This may include curtain rings, handle of your shelf, cabinet knobs, etc. to evade mismatch in the years to come by
- Make sure that you have dedicated spaces for books, gadgets, newspapers, stationary, magazines, personal accessories, etc.
- Ensure that you also have dedicated space for medicines, utility items and your kids’ toys. This makes your task easy in time of need
- Do some investments on baskets, shelves, drawers, boxes and have separate stands for your mobiles and pens. This adds beauty to your home and doesn’t cost you much money or time either
- Have a separate shoe-rack. As far as possible, you must buy a shoe-rack that is foldable and takes less space. This helps in keeping your house tidy and makes your entrance look spacious
- Allocate 10 minutes every morning / evening for cleanliness
- Take out some time each weekend to discard the clothes that you are no longer using, clean up the wardrobe, give away the old newspapers/magazines
- Maintain a separate list of daily and weekly tasks. Have it written somewhere
- You must change or re-arrange your furniture from time to time. Changing the orientation doesn’t take much time but gives altogether a new look to your house
- Clear the clutters from time to time. Discard anything that you do not need. Remember you can now even put your old items for sale online and get some money out of it. You can use that money to buy things for home furnishings
- Make sure to do small shopping like buying new set of curtains or pillows or a table cloth from time to time. You can use special occasions like festivals, birthdays or new years for these. These new things give an element of freshness to your home
- Invest in greenery. Have a set of flower vase, terrarium plants or any other indoor plants. These go a long way in not only adding to your home décor but also clean the indoor air
In addition to these 15 quick fixes, you must also invest in cleaning aids and tool, give your house a personal touch with your family photographs, awards, certificates or collectible. All of these steps go a long way in making your home a dream house to live in.