It should go without saying, but it amazes me the number of people I see smoking cigarettes these days. If you are someone who smokes, I sincerely urge you to make the decision to quit smoking.
Of course, the decision to quit smoking is a huge life step and it needs great support from family and friends. Cigarettes can be your stable buddy, but the effects of cigarettes are not friendly for your health! The initial stage to quit smoking can be challenging, but when you cross this stage, it’s half the battle won!
If you aren’t ready to quit cold-turkey, at least consider altering your smoking habits from tobacco cigarettes to e-cigarettes with eliquid. When you make the crucial decision of keeping yourself away from tobacco and switch to e-cigarettes, it’s a ray of hope to quit smoking.
What are e-cigarettes?
The e-cigarette is a device that allows the intake of aerosol nicotine substances. They deliver nicotine to your body electronically, which mutually forms ENDS – Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems.
E-cigarettes are different from tobacco cigarettes; they operate with batteries. The device is associated with an element to heat e juice from a reusable container and discharge chemical aerosol.
What are the elements present in e-cigarettes?
There is a container for e liquid where nicotine is removed from tobacco and mixes with propylene glycol to form a base. It may vary in color, flavor, and chemical substances. Some e-cigarettes might affect your health because they may contain hazardous chemicals.
E-cigarettes contain some quantity of harmful chemicals, like nicotine, carbonyl compounds, and unstable carbon-based compounds.
How harmful is nicotine?
Nicotine is present in every e-cigarette, and it’s highly addictive and unsafe. Exposure to nicotine during pregnancy can damage the fetus and affect brain development. It can also affect the fetus leading to premature birth and sudden infant death syndrome.
Nicotine can damage brain development in the adolescence stage associated with memory and concentration. The longer you inhale nicotine, greater the health risk!
The FDA detected some levels of toxic elements that cause cancer, which included e-cigarettes and other carcinogens. When eliquid is inhaled in higher dosage, the potential for poisoning becomes high. The symptoms might start in the initial stage with motion sickness associated with toxicity and respiratory disorder. Reports say that e liquid contains nicotine that’s highly toxic and can also cause death.
- E-cigarettes are manufactured to quit tobacco smoking, but FDA’s research has not proved that e-cigarettes are nontoxic and helpful to quit smoking. The fumes from the e-cigarettes contain nicotine, but it doesn’t involve tobacco!
- Ejuice contains a chemical called propylene glycol that can infuriate your eyes and airways. When this chemical is boiled and evaporated, it forms formaldehyde and acetaldehyde.
- E-cigarettes might cause health complications, but they aren’t as toxic like tobacco cigarettes.
- The e juice flavors inhaled might result in respiratory problems. Research is being conducted to support the facts that ejuice is safe for use.
- Many users continue to smoke regular cigarettes and e-cigarettes. However, this doesn’t help them quit, instead, it adds another toxic layer to your health.
Steps to quit smoking
Tobacco is evil! That’s because it causes various health complications. Once you’re on tobacco-dependent, it’s tough to let go because it’s highly addictive. Here’s a strategy to help you quit smoking.
You can be part of a promising team who has won the battle in quitting smoking! The techniques can’t be same for everyone; it varies with every individual. Pulling out from a habit is difficult because the hunger for nicotine can be insatiable.
- Plan your own strategy that’s not harmful considering individual tips can be efficient.
- Use nicotine chew gums instead of smoking.
- Physical exercise will definitely help reduce stress, smoke doesn’t!
- Take emotional support to quit tobacco.
- Make a note of how often you smoke in a day, and cut down by one cigarette every day.
It’s never too late to start something new
Remember, there’s always an end for what you start, irrespective of circumstances and other factors. Try to beat stress with physical activity and help your body to get addicted to healthy behavior. E-cigarettes might help you get rid of traditional cigarettes, but continue to live a life free from smoking.
Conventional cigarettes need the flame to light up, and half-burnt cigarettes thrown can cause fire threats. Save your environment from these fire mishaps. Don’t let smoking take your life.