We recently took a poll to find out How Much Weight You Want To Lose. Looks like most of you need to lose 10-20 pounds (like me!) and the rest of you either need to lose 5-10 pounds (the hardest part) or 20-40 pounds.
Well tis the season to lose weight people! It’s a new year and it’s time for a new you! If you haven’t made it your New Year’s resolution to lose a few pounds, it’s not too late… It’s still January and you’re still chubby. Read these weight loss tips and then get off the computer already and lose some weight!
Our Top 5 Weight Loss Tips:
1. Don’t go on a crash diet. They never work. Instead, change your eating habits and the way you think about food. Start by finding a healthy meal plan and stick to it. I personally like Atkins. I’m currently on the Sensa weight loss program which is working WONDERS for me! I’ve lost almost 10 pounds so far! Also consider starting your weight loss program by going on a 1 week full body cleanse.
2. Don’t give up! If you get on the scale a few times and see you aren’t losing weight, don’t get discouraged. Just keep up with your diet, keep your health and weight goal at the forefront of your mind and don’t get on the scale for a few days. It’s like a watched pot never boils… Sometimes if you are thinking about it too much, you’ll get depressed and over eat and totally defeat your whole diet.
3. You must exercise! It’s not healthy to lose weight if you aren’t building muscle at the same time. If you’re only losing weight and sitting on your butt all day, you’ll be losing muscle mass too and that’s not good. Even if you are a busy mom and you can only fit in 10 minutes of exercise a day, do it. And yes, a little romp in the sack for 10-20 minutes does count as exercise, just don’t make that you’re only form of exercise!
4. Set small goals. If you need to lose 20 pounds, don’t think about losing all 20 pounds. Set small goals in 5 pound increments. Start off with 5 pounds a month. If you can commit to more, try 4 or 5 pounds a week. Don’t ever try to lose more than 1 pound a day though or your body will go into emergency mode and it will mess up your metabolism. By setting small weight loss goals, you can feel like you are accomplishing something all the time. You’ll feel better about yourself and you’ll want to do more!
5. Reward yourself. When you set that goal to lose 5 pounds this month, come February 1st and you get on the scale and see you’ve met that goal, reward yourself!! Go shopping and get yourself a new pair of shoes. Or maybe a new pair of pants a size smaller! Nice Egyptian cotton sheets are a sweet treat too. Just don’t treat yourself with a hot fudge sundae and you’ll be all set. Personally, I celebrate my weight loss goals with a Cosmopolitan.