It’s that time of year again! Everyone is desperately trying to get their Christmas shopping done in time. Who can be bothered with what they look like right now? Well, please… I beg of you! Don’t go out of the house in sneakers and pajama pants. I’ve seen WAY too many ladies out shopping wearing the most absurd and unacceptable outfits this month. Don’t be one of them! Just because you are distracted by holiday shopping doesn’t mean you have to scare people while you are doing it. It’s just as easy to be comfortable AND fashionable. That’s what we are ALL ABOUT here at The Fashionable Housewife.
So we’ve compiled a few tips on what to wear as well as some outfit ideas to get you inspired for dressing up this holiday season!
Things to keep in mind when you get dressed to go out Christmas shopping…
- COMFORT! Nobody cares if you are rocking your 4 inch stilettos in the mall. Really. Find your most comfortable, yet STYLISH jeans, like these Lee Perfect Fit Skinny Jeans, and strut your stuff. Don’t head our in pajama pants and sneakers! You will scare the other shoppers and make a spectacle of yourself.
- WARMTH! I don’t like lugging my coat around the stores, so I dress with many layers that I can peel off one at a time as I get overheated. Start with a tank top or cami, followed by a long sleeve shirt, a sweater that is easy to get on and off, and top it off with a vest, bulky knot sweater or light jacket.
- ACCESSORIZE! Just because you are comfy doesn’t mean you can’t look glam! Don your most sparkly jewels, like these sparkly Penguin Studs from Fossil, and get into the festive spirit of the season.
- FOCUS! It’s easy to get distracted while doing your Christmas shopping but try to stay focused! Only one week left before Christmas so now is the time to buckle down and get things done! Try apps for your iPhone like Retale to help get things done faster and cheaper.
- TIME! Keep track of time by wearing a stylish watch like this Decker Chronograph Stainless Steel Watch from Fossil so you don’t have to keep pulling your iPhone out of your pocket all day.
Wondering how all that translates into real life? See below…