As you know, I’ve partnered with Intel to promote their brand new Acer Iconia W510 Intel Tablet. I was unsure how I would feel about the tablet because I had heard awful things about Windows 8, but I said it last week and I’ll say it again… I love Windows 8 now.
I hate it when they make a new version of Windows and change the user interface and functions… BUT for the first time since Windows XP, I actually appreciate and am embracing the changes. There are a few things about Windows 8 that annoys me, but the advantages way outweigh the annoyances for me at this point. I am ADDICTED to the Windows 8 apps! The addiction is so great at this point, that I’m unsure as to whether I want to get an iPhone or a Windows phone. There are so many useful apps and they are so much more convenient than bulky programs.
It’s like they married the convenience and fun of an iPad with the genius and power of Windows and created the most addictive piece of electronics I’ve ever owned.
Here are just a few things I love about the Intel Acer Iconia tablet…
- Windows 8 Apps: Easy, convenient, safe and FUN! I’ll show you some of my fav apps below.
- Long Battery Life: The Iconia boasts 9 hours of battery life with up to 3 weeks of standby time. Get up to 18 hours of battery life if you get the Keyboard Dock with the Tablet.
- Convenient Size: Slides easily into most of my handbags so I can take it with me wherever I go.
- Crystal Clear Display: It’s easy to see pictures, text and movies on this amazing screen.
- Power and Speed: Need I say more? This thing is more powerful than my big Toshiba laptop!
- FUN: It’s fun to use because of the touch screen and the endless amount of games are exciting to sort through!
I had a hard time finding a leather case that was specifically designed for my model tablet. I didn’t want just a standard case for a 10″ tablet. I was looking for one that would act like a book cover as well as transform into a stand. I found the KattWolf Slim Stand Leather Case for Acer Iconia W510 Tablet (With Stylus Loop and Elastic Handstrap) for $8.95 on Amazon.com
I was happy that it had all the right openings to allow easy access for charging it, adjusting the volume, etc. For the price, I was extremely happy with this purchase. It’s not perfect and it’s not ideal, but it works and will protect my little gem.