Everyone knows that diet and exercise is the best way to lose weight. However, that isn’t always enough and we all know there is almost always room for improvement!
The idea of getting full blown liposuction is kinda scary, so you might be a little excited to hear about i-Lipo. It’s a non invasive type of liposuction, takes about 30 minutes per session, NO downtime and it actually works!
Jessica Alba reportedly had a few i-Lipo sessions to get ready for attending the Golden Globes awards shows. She looked absolutely amazing! (And hasn’t she had two kids?!) I also saw the treatment reviewed on “Ricki Lake Show” and noticed substantial results on the woman they performed the procedure on during the show.
Okay, so you’re probably wondering, what exactly is i-Lipo and how do I get it?! Well, first off, it’s the first FDA approved, low level and non-invasive treatment to get rid of cellulite, fat, and lessen the appearance of stretch marks. It was created and launched in the UK, won a slimming award in Paris and is now used all over the USA, Canada and Australia.How does it work? Four small plastic paddles are placed on the treatment area and secured with velcro straps so they stay in place. The paddles emit low levels of laser energy, which essentially blasts the fat cells without harming your skin. It sends the signal to break down the stored triglycerides into free fatty acids and glycerol which then releases the fat to be eliminated from the body. This process of releasing the fatty acids is actually a natural response the body has when the body needs to used stored energy reserves. So the nice thing about the i-Lipo is that it’s not creating any unnatural reaction in the body nor does it damage or alter any surrounding structures such as skin, blood vessels and peripheral nerves.
The usual treatment areas are abdomen (mummy tummy!), thighs, love handles/muffin top and even upper arms. You can basically get i-Lipo any place that you want to slim down that the i-Lipo paddles can be placed on. I decided to get my abdomen / mid-section done (although I considered doing my thighs since no amount of exercise seems to make them any smaller!).
Here is a local ad for the i-Lipo Treatment…
I decided to be brave and make an appointment at Dr. Jafar Koupaie’s office (Boston Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery Center)in Brookline, MA to receive the i-Lipo treatment from nurse practitioner Stacey Luddy.
I talked with Stacey for about 10 minutes before receiving the treatment and she was such a sweetheart! I asked her a bunch of questions I thought you ladies would want to know the answers to, before considering a treatment like this. Here is the scoop…
- How much does 1 treatment cost? Treatments range from $350-$650 each (BDCSC charges $500 per treatment) but you can get discount packages if you agree to doing the recommended 8 treatments.
- How many treatments do I need to get full results? The recommended course of treatment is 8 sessions.
- How many treatments before I notice ANY results? Generally patients can see results after just one treatment. (I did!)
- How long does it take to receive 1 treatment? Each treatment takes about 30 minutes.
- How far apart should each treatment be? There should be at least 4-5 days between each treatment to give your body time to get rid of the fat. Once a week is recommended.
- Does it hurt? The most you will feel is a warming sensation.
- Where does the fat go? It’s absorbed into the lymph system and flushed out. (Hence the recommended increase in water consumption post-treatment!)
- Will it harm my skin? Your skin gets slightly red and warm (This disappeared before I even left the office.)
- Are there any known negative side effects? Apparently people with extremely sensitive skin might notice more redness and it may last a couple hours before subsiding, but this extremely rare.*
- Can I wear my HotPants after receiving the treatment? They recommended that I not wear them immediately after the procedure just to make sure my skin was not going to have a negative reaction to the treatment. My skin had absolutely no reaction to the procedure at all, so I wore my hotpants the next day.
* Please consult www.ilipo.com for more information.
Immediately after the i-Lipo Treatment, you’re supposed to exercise vigorously to assist in eliminating those freed fatty acids from your body. They recommend that you take a brisk walk or do 20 minutes of cardio. (I think doing one of Jillian Michaels – 30 Day Shred 20 minute workouts would be ideal.) I couldn’t find my Jillian DVD so I did 30 minutes on my Stair Stepper when I got home, the same day that I received the treatment.
Ready to see my before and after pictures?