Gooey, Chewy, Sweet & Luscious Treats
Yummy cookies and brownies! This superlative collection straight from the magazine’s famed Test Kitchens features 250 of the most luscious recipes ever created, along with irresistible photos, a handy ringbinder format, and links to 20 cookie-making videos. The book features:
- -Triple-tested and tasted recipes guaranteed to work in any conventional oven with any brand of ingredients, no matter what
- -Chapters on cookie-jar favorites, easy-to-shape cookies, brownies, blondies and bars, health-conscious cookies, and holiday cookies
- -Baking advice, tips, and essential techniques from the Test Kitchen pros
- -More than 200 color photographs show step-by-step baking and decorating techniques, as well as the finished cookies
- -Links to 20 cookie-making how-to videos, watchable on a smart phone, e-reader, or computer
- -and more
I flipped through the book until I saw a recipe for hermit cookies and I immediately started getting out all the ingredients to make them! Hermits are my favorite cookies in the whole world and I had never made them before, so this seemed as good of a time as ever to try it out!
They came out SO YUMMY! (as you can see from the picture above) Moist, chewy, spicy and the house really smelled like “Christmas” when I was done. These went perfectly with a cup of espresso. YUM! They were definitely the best hermit cookies I’ve ever had! I can’t wait to try making another recipe out of this book.
You can get The Good Housekeeping Cookie Lover’s Cookbook: Gooey, Chewy, Sweet & Luscious Treats on Amazon.com or in your local Barnes & Nobles. I think they would make great gifts as well!
* The book for this review was provided to us free of charge for the purpose of product testing. This does not effect our opinion of the products in any way. We only write about products we personally like and use, regardless of how they were acquired.