I think I’ve been getting a little carried away with a bohemian version of the goth look… I couldn’t NOT buy this awesome pierced back skull dress I saw on eBay. As soon as I got it in the mail, I immediately threw it on with my favorite boots, the Born Marxia Motorcycle Boots, along with some pink striped knee socks.
I washed my hair with Nexxus Frizz Defy Frizz Protection Shampoo and Nexxus Frizz Defy Frizz Protection Conditioner and let it air dry. Normally I have to at least blow dry my hair straight, or I have the time, I use the flat iron. But I didn’t have time to do either today which would normally result in me having to put my hair in a ponytail or bun to keep it under control. Luckily, this shampoo and conditioner did an amazing job at controlling the frizz so I didn’t have to do either. It actually looks pretty good, if I do say so myself…. I’m super impressed with Nexxus now.
I had fun playing with my new Urban Decay Smoked Palette creating the “Rockstar” look from the how-to manual that came with the palette…
The instructions are great and are easy to follow, but creating each “look” takes a lot more steps than I am normally used to when applying eyeshadow. The most I’ve ever done is 2 or 3 colors at a time, so playing with this new palette has been kind of a steep learning curve for me! It’s fun though and hopefully I will get better at doing this whole “smokey eye” thing soon!
- Eyeshadow: Urban Decay Smoked Palette (look “Rockstar”)
- Mascara: CoverGirl LashBlast
- Lipstick: Exude Creme Lipstick in Plum
- Foundation: Urban Decay Naked Skin Liquid Makeup in shade #2
- Hair: Nexxus Frizz Defy Frizz Protection Shampoo and Nexxus Frizz Defy Frizz Protection Conditioner
I attempted to take a picture of myself in my bathroom mirror (yes, I have a purple bathroom!) and it didn’t come out very good but I think it gives you a better look at my makeup job… or lack thereof!
- Dress: Purchased on an Ebay Store
- Socks: Betsey Johnson ink Striped Knee Socks (see similar)
- Shoes: Born Marxia
- Necklace: Beaded Skull Layered Necklace from Walmart (see similar)
- Watch: Black Leather Studded Skull Watch from eBay
* Some of the items seen in this post were provided to us free of charge for the purpose of product testing and review. This does not effect our opinion of the products in any way. We only write about products we personally like and use, regardless of how they were acquired.