Yes and no. It all depends on your skin and the hair you are trying to remove.
Tips and Tricks For Hair Removal Creams:
- 1. Use before showering. Most hair removal lotions will slide right off your legs if they are wet. The other advantage to using it before you shower, is you can rise your legs easier in the shower and do touch-ups with your razor for the hairs that didn’t come off with the cream.
- 2. Don’t be skimpy! If you don’t apply enough of the hair removal lotion to completely cover the area, it won’t work. Because this whole process takes a while and isn’t the most pleasant thing in the world, you don’t want to go to all that work and have crappy results. Most lotions say to leave them on for like 5-6 minutes. If the hair removal cream is dry and hard to remove with the blade-less razor or sponge, then you didn’t apply enough. Put it on nice and thick so it completely covers the area.
- 3. Don’t leave it on too long! Especially if you have sensitive skin. Leaving hair removal creams or lotions on too long can cause burns on the skin, irritation, bumps, redness, and similar unpleasantry. If it says to leave it on for 5 minutes and after 5 minutes your hair is removing easily, leave it on for an additional 1 minute and test again. Just be careful to time it! Use a watch or kitchen timer.
- 4. Be gentle to your skin! When you are finished removing the hair and you hop in the shower, be careful which soaps you choose to wash with. I prefer using a face wash like Normaderm Deep Cleansing Gel or something for acne, that will wash all the hair removal cream off and hopefully prevent any bumps or pimples that may result.
- 5. The Bikini Zone. The Veet or Nair you use on your legs might not be the best choice for your bikini zone if you have sensitive skin. If you find the regular hair removal creams and lotions cause unnecessary irritation, try Bikini Zone Bikini Creme Hair Remover Kit. However you decde to remove the hair, down there, be sure to put some Bikini Zone Medicated Creme for Bikini Area on afterwards to fight off bumps, redness, and irritation.
If ingrown hairs are a problem when your hair is trying to grow back, try Bliss Ingrown Eliminating Pads.
Want to keep visible fuzz and irritation at a ‘bare’ minimum between shaves or waxes? Try Bliss Get Out of Hair!, a targeted body lotion that is formulated with fuzzkill™ complex to help you look less ‘hair’-ied, willow bark extract to limit ingrown hairs and a cache of calming and moisturizing ingredients to smooth and soothe.