We use the phrase, “working mom,” to fit all mothers regardless of whether they go to work for forty hours a week at a job or stay at home with the kids. Your job is never over as you never punch a clock when you’re a mom. Letting your inner beauty shine on the outside when you’re busy with your kids can be a challenge. It’s something that is often left on the backburner as the days all kind of blend into each other. The good news is that there are some easy ways for you to regain your allure. Here are five tips for you to consider as you try to ditch the curlers and bathrobe:
1. Avoid hassles with fabric. Chances are you don’t have the time nor do you want to waste the money on dry cleaning so avoid clothes that require this treatment. Stick to your basic fabrics to make your life easier. Find comfortable fabrics that are easier to wash and dry and just make sense for the on-the-go mom.
2. Skirts are your friend. Find a skirt with a happy medium, meaning not too long and not too short. This way it’s easier to sprint across the house when the situation calls for it. They also are more liberating and feminine than junky sweat pants. Find a solid print so you can wear it with a number of different tops.
3. Pants are perfect. Stylish pants are easy to find and can be worn in a number of different settings. For the mom at work, match pants with a clever blazer and you’re looking good. When you’re done with work, throw a sweatshirt on or a jacket with your pants and you’re heading to junior’s soccer match.
4. Find a simple blouse. The simple blouse with buttons all the way down and regular arms. This can be elegant enough for work and also perfect when you’re home cradling your baby. We suggest heading to outlet stores to find the blouses for your wardrobe as you can scout deals while not skimping on quality.
5. Keep the dresses for special occasions. It’s too difficult to rely on one-pieces for the majority of your outfits. It always seems that you can’t find a clean one to wear. Having a large number of quality tops and pants to wear and to mix and match just make more sense for the mom juggling a career and children.
By-line: This post was contributed by Heather Johnson, who writes on the subject of Discover Rewards Card. She invites your feedback at heatherjohnson2323 at gmail dot com.